Chapter 6: Repo Mantis

For the past couple of days, both Mikey and Donnie have noticed Teo's down behaviour. They didn't like how sad she looked, so they dragged her out of the lair and to the junkyard, salvaging anything they could find.

Mikey knew what upset her but kept it to himself.

Teo rummaged through the jink, holding up items for Donnie to assess if it was good enough for him to use later back at the lair.

Nodding his head, Donnie gave her a silent thumbs up while pulling open a hood of a destroyed car. Putting the piece she found into her hip satchel, she peered into the open trunk, finding many, useless junk inside it.

"Man, junkyards are gold mines!" Donnie cheered, rummaging through the junk with the help of his spider-suit shell.

Looking through it, she saw a cute teddy bear looking sad in the corner.

"Oooo." Reaching for it, she struggled to grab it, making her grunt in annoyance.

Donnie saw this and used one of his claws to grab it for her before continuing to rummage through the pile.

"Oh, thank you." Looking down at it, Teo hummed at the damage. The bear was a bit damaged with its eye falling out, hanging by a thread and a few tears but nothing she couldn't fix.

Putting it away, she saw Donnie inhaling intensely from a pineapple-scented car scent. "Who needs real pineapples when you have one of these babies?"

A sound caught Mikey and Teo's attention while Donnie kept rummaging through the junk.

Teo watched as a magnet crane lifted a car and dragged it over in their direction, causing both her and Mikey to panic and try to gain the purple turtle's attention.

"Ah, Donnie. It's time to find a new spot." She hollered at him.

Mikey also voiced his concerns and tried to gain his brother's attention. "Donnie! Donnie! Donnie! I really think we should...."

"Ah, fuzzy dice!" Donnie exclaimed excitedly, his spider claw holding it.

"Donnie!" Teo yelled, shoving into both Donnie and Mikey; Teo was able to drag them down the crushed car stack. Hitting a few on the way down.

They landed in an uncrushed car, Donnie and Mikey in the front and Teo in the back; she had the satchel clutched to her chest.

"Yeah, that hurt." She groaned, Sitting back up and rubbing the sore part of her shell.

"Mikey, next time, I would appreciate a heads-up." Donnie gently suggested to his brother, not appreciating being yanked away.

"We did," Teo groaned, slipping her torso through the gap between the passenger and driver seat. "We were calling out your name."

"Oh," He hummed, looking at her before responding. "But still, a loud heads up would be nice."

"Okay," Mikey bluntly responded before shouting out at him, moving the review mirror. "Heads up!"

Looking behind her, Teo sank down into the seat so as not to be seen but still see what was going on.

'What a strange car.' She thought, watching the car being towed; it has large wheels, an aqua base coat and a red bubble sphere as the window with a 360 view.

She heard both Mikey and Donnie gasp in surprise at what they were seeing.

"Is that?" Gasped Mikey.

"It is!" Donnie confirmed gasping as well.

"The Jupiter Jim Moon buggy!" Mikey cheered.

Teo just looked at the two boys fawning over the vehicle. "The hopiter, what thingy?"