Chapter 24

AJ's POV:

Two months later..

"I wish you'd tell me where we were going. I hate surprises. I don't even know if I'm dressed appropriately," I yelled to Saraya as I fixed my hair for the thousandth time within ten minutes. "Plus, my hair has zero chill. Seriously, where are we going?"

Saraya stuck her head into the bathroom, "April, for the hundredth and one time, it's a surprise. You look hot always. You've been in the bathroom for like two hours now I mean, who are you? Nikki Bella?"

I frowned, "Ew, stop. I'm almost done. I'd been done faster if you'd just tell me though."

"Rolls eyes so hard that they fall out of my head," Saraya announced then walked up behind me kissing my cheek then continued, "You could walk into that restaurant with nothing on but chucks and a smile and still be the most gorgeous girl in the room."

I smirked at her in the mirror in front of me, "You'd like that wouldn't you?"

"Absolutely but I think there's laws against that. You know who made those laws? Homophobic assholes."

"I don't think it's lesbians they have a problem with."

"Mmh," She kissed the back of my head hugging me from behind, "That depends on who made the law,Tiny. Now, come on."

I watched as she disappeared out of the bathroom and heard doc martins hit each step as she went downstairs toward the living room. I'm so happy that I'd chosen Saraya because from the moment I did so, things have been easier. Better. From that moment on, everything happened very suddenly. I chose her one day, the next day Punk had packed his stuff and moved out, the day after Saraya moved her stuff in, and within that week we lived together. Ever since then, we'd been inseparable.

It's been two months after Wrestlemania, I decided to retire from in ring competition. Saraya and I discussed six billion times and, although she's still against it, we still both went through with it. Our last match was together and I let her be in the ring for the most part. I'd already had my Wrestlemania moment, it was time for hers. It was an emotional night for both of us but I couldn't be more proud of her.

Also, since she and I won against the Bella's, Colby had decided to stop blackmailing her. He said he'd gotten bored of it but I believe Renee scared him out of blackmailing her. Either way, Colby focuses all his attention on his new WWE World Heavyweight Championship that he'd stolen from Brock and Roman. I guess being the Authority's bitch really has paid off.

As far as Renee is concerned, she's finally come to her senses that Colby isn't worth her time. They're officially divorced as of the day before Wrestlemania. That timing to me was hilarious. Renee mostly spends her days hosting her new show on the network and/or hanging out with Jon. Jon and her broke the internet finally about their new romance. Of course with that, comes haters but most fans have been supportive of their new relationship. I just want them to hurry up and get married already.

Speaking of marriage, my straight edge husband has been focusing mostly on his UFC training. Divorce papers take months to draw up so for now, I'm still Mrs. Phillip Brooks. It's a title I've never complained about before but will sting once I officially get rid of it altogether.

"April, hurry your cute little ass on!" Saraya shouted from downstairs.

"I'm coming! Just meet me at the car, okay, crumpet?" I shouted back as sweetly as I could when yelling.

"Okay! Don't take to long! I don't wanna be late!" Her British voice echoed back then I heard the front door close. I sighed then opened the cabinets up in the bathroom tossing everything out until I finally found what I was looking for. I smacked the box in my hand over and over as I walked over toward the bathroom door closing it. I took one deep breath, one look at the mirror, and took the pregnancy test out the box.

Once I took it, minutes seemed like hours as I prayed for a miracle that I wasn't pregnant. That would complicate everything even more especially with Punk's new relationship with Becky. I hesitated after five minutes then grew some balls and snatched it off the side of the sink.

My worst nightmare had come true. Or, my worst dream? A few months ago being pregnant would've elated me but now? It's just incredibly bad timing. I stared at the stick and said quietly, "Well congrats little one. You're apart of this crazy, confusing, fucked up wrestling family."

I tried not to let my panic show throughout dinner with Saraya but my mind was everywhere else but here. Of course, she'd noticed and said, "April, I don't think the food is going to eat itself. In spite of how entertaining that would be, it's waiting for you. Seriously, dig in."

I put on my best smile, "I'm sorry, crumpet. I guess my mind is elsewhere tonight."

"I bet that champagne would cheer you right up. Drink it. In the words of that sweet little teen movie about the kids with cancer, it tastes like the stars."

"I don't think that's what they said," I chuckled. "But okay."

I hesitated but grabbed the glass in my hand swirling the drink around. I'm not suppose to drink. In fact, before I met Saraya, I didn't drink. When your husband is straight edge, there isn't alcohol around to exactly enjoy a nice glass of champagne. But now, I really couldn't drink. Our little straight edge child inside of me would be outraged.

"Actually," Saraya's accent interrupted my thoughts. "There's something I need to say first. April, I'm so glad you chose me. I know it wasn't an easy one considering your history with Punk but, I feel honored. You could've laughed in my face and told me to go to hell with my lesbian shenanigans. My little school girl crush, as Colby liked to call it. But you stayed. You stayed and you felt the same. That just proves how much you really care about me and with that, I have to say, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Fucks sake April, I'm trying to be romantic. Cut me some slack, Tiny."

I chuckled and closed my eyes. I felt her grab both of my hands and her thumbs rubbed in circles on the back of both. She started to play with my fingers with one hand while her other hand let go of mine. After a minute or two, she pulled my left hand closer and slipped something on my finger.

On my ring finger.

Holy shit.

I opened my eyes suddenly and stared at this huge silver diamond staring right back at me. I started to cry as I looked up. Saraya's eyes, her perfect sparkly green eyes, stared right back into mine as she whispered, "April, will you marry me?"
---------------------------------------------
That, unfortunately, brings us to the end of this charming little tale.

Don't worry, of course there will be a sequel (:

Predictions for the next book? Surprise me.

Anyways, the sequel probably won't be posted anytime soon but, still look out for it.

How about that proposal? What do you think AJ's reply will be?

How about AJ being pregnant? Will she tell Saraya? Better question, will she tell Punk?

I hinted at other relationships, Dean and Renee, Punk and Becky Lynch, should there be more couples included? Let me know what couples you wanna see in the sequel.

Anyways, I enjoyed writing this one a lot! Even though sometimes, I got stuck. It never lasted long though, lucky for you guys.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this! (:

I'll be sure to post the sequel as soon as possible but no promises! Thanks guys! ❤️