Chapter 10: The Commander Is Not Who He Once Was

I looked over my shoulder to see a nice looking Camaro.

"Do you know how to lockpick?" I asked. "Yeah." Rick replied. He then grabbed a lock pick from his utility belt, lockpicking the car. He then opened the door, grabbing the keys from the ignition and turning the car on. "Get in." Rick said. I then walked over to the passenger side as he unlocked the doors. I then got into the passenger seat, buckling myself up. "That was smooth." I said. "Yeah, escaping this place really is easy for some reason." Rick said. I then heard my radio turn on and a voice speaking from the other end. It sounded like the commander. "Hello?" The voice asked. I then turned my head to Rick. I then turned on my radio. "Who is this?" I asked. "Your commander." The voice said. "Wait a second. How are you alive?" I asked. "I've been in a cryo stasis chamber like you for a long time." Commander said. "Wait- so I'm not the last human alive?" I asked. "Nope. Me and you are the last few humans on earth." Commander said. "Commander...my whole squad is dead. James and Oliver died in cryo stasis and...Anthony just..." I said. "I am sorry to hear that. I know Anthony was your best friend. Come to my location so we can talk in person." Commander said. I then looked at the coordinates on the radio.

A Few Hours Later

We had arrived at the elevator. I then walked inside, pressing a button. The elevator doors then closed, and opened a few seconds later. I looked inside to see the place seemed to be abandoned. No one was around except for the Commander. "Who might that be? I thought you were alone." The commander said. "That is Rick. Used to be in the military, but now we're criminals." I said. "Yo." Rick said. "Well then. Corporal, follow me. I have created a new dose of superhumans." Commander said with his arms behind his back. We then walked into a room filled with tubes and people with red goggles and helmets. I could not see what they looked like under it though. "These two are James and Oliver." Commander said. I stood in shock. "Wha- I thought they died in cryo stasis." I said. "I extracted their bodies shortly after you left with Anthony, giving them a dose of APC-1, causing them to become mindless robots under my control." Commander said. "You can't just do that!" I exclaimed, fists clenched. "Oh, what happened to your gas mask?" Commander asked, trying to change the subject. "I destroyed it out of frustration." I replied.

Commander then pushed a few buttons, opening the tubes as I watched James and Oliver walk out with robotic movements. "Awaiting orders." James said in unison with Oliver. "Follow me." Commander said. We then walked back into the room we came in from with James and Oliver right beside commander.

 We then walked back into the room we came in from with James and Oliver right beside commander

"You can't just do that!" I exclaimed. "This will benefit the military, the army, the national guard, you name it! If you're not with me, then you're my enemy." Commander said. "You are NOT the commander I used to know..." I said. "Listen here. I created the furry virus, I wanted a new race to control earth, and most important of all, I created you." Commander said. I stood in mixed emotions of disbelief and shock. "Why are you so strong? Why are you so fast? I FUCKING CREATED YOU, NOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO WHAT I SAY!" The commander yelled. "No..." I said while clenching my hands. "FINE! JAMES, OLIVER, KILL THEM BOTH!" Commander yelled. "Well that's just great." Rick said. James then ran towards me, but I rolled out of the way, causing him to smash his head against the wall. I then grabbed my machete, stabbing it into his back, then pulling it out. James then tried to tackle me, but I dodged again. "KILL THEM ALREADY!" Commander yelled. Oliver ran towards Rick, pinning him to a wall. I then stabbed my machete into Oliver's torso, causing him to fall to the ground. I then took the machete out as Rick held James by the neck, slamming him into the wall a few times.

I then stabbed the machete into Oliver's white goggles. I then kicked Oliver, grabbing him by the neck and slamming him into the floor. I was starting to get tired. Both my hands then became scaly and black with a red line, but this time, it was further up my arm. "What the actual fu-" I was interrupted as Oliver grabbed me by the neck. I tried gasping for air, even kicking him in the jaw, but nothing. Everything started to get blurry, but just then, Rick punched Oliver's head to the side so hard that Oliver fell to the ground. I then grabbed Oliver up, throwing him towards the commander as Rick slammed James against the wall. The scales on my left arm were now completely gone, but they were still on my right arm. I then watched as Rick slammed James so hard up against the wall that his mask came flying off, leaving his carcass there. James then fell limp. He died, but for real this time. "Let's kick his ass." Rick said. Just then, the building started to crumble. Rocks came from the roof, falling onto Oliver and the commander.

Me and Rick then booked it out of there, running towards the elevator as fast as we could, pressing the 'Surface' button. I then looked at my right arm to notice the scales were gone. "That sure was convenient what happened with your hand there." Rick said. "It only happens when I need it, like it's sentient or something." I replied. The elevator doors then opened. We then walked out, hearing a rumble beneath us. I looked at my surroundings to notice we were in a forest with Tahoes and a limo surrounding us. "Well shit, we never catch a break." I said. The president then walked out of the limo towards us, clapping slowly. "Well well well, that sure was impressive." The president said. Rick then growled at the sight.

"Hold on just a second. How do you know what happened down there?" I asked. "Your commander is partnered with the government, and me. I was watching through 4K resolution 120 FPS cameras the entire time." The president said. "Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically. "I am giving you one last chance to join us." The president said. I then turned my hands into a fist. "You work with my commander, fuck no." I said. "Fine. You'll regret this..." The president said, getting back into his limo, driving off.

"I have a feeling that your commander isn't dead..." Rick said. "Yeah..." I said. I then got back into our car, having Rick drive us off. Where are we going? You might be asking. I got no idea.