CHAPTER ONE - THE TORO REGATTA

____________________________________________________________

(SEASON 1 RECAP)
____________________________________________________________

"Last season on "Final Space", a lot freakin' happened, so let's burn through it. I'm Gary. A lot of people on Reddit think I'm annoying. "laughs" Well, I guess they do have a point. But if you really want to know annoying, just hang out with KVN for five horrendous years. We got Mooncake, (Chookity.) who by the way, is a planet destroying super weapon. My best friend Avocato, a gruff, tough, little bit rough bounty hunter, who sadly, bit it... His son Little Cato, who I swore to look after, HUE, the ship's AI, who can't keep me in check, Tribore, the surprisingly capable and fashionable head of the resistance, and Clarence, someone I hope to never meet again. I never thought someone like me would be saving the world. It's tricky because... no one teaches you how. You just meet someone really, really genuine like Quinn, and her equally hot future self, Nightfall. You hear about a breach in space you've got to close or else. You get hunted by a maniacal d*ck wad like the Lord Commander, and then, you just kind of hope it works out. That's what happened to me, anyway. Only it didn't... work out.

____________________________________________________________

PROLOGUE 

____________________________________________________________
Gary Goodspeed's lifeless body is seen continuing to float through space within the wreckage of the battle between the Team Squad, and the Lord Commander's armada.
Quinn Ergon: (voice) Gary.
Gary Goodspeed: (voice) No, don't... Don't say it.
Quinn Ergon: (voice) I'm not coming back.

As Gary continues floating, a rumbling sound is heard, as H.U.E. comes back online. A light shines over Gary's body, and he slowly gets pulled up into it. Gary, along with some debris soon wind up inside a ship, and are sent through a scanning detector. The debris gets scanned "VALUABLE", while Gary's body gets scanned "JUST CRAP", and is dropped down a shaft, where he lands in a huge pile of trash. Gary's eyes slowly open, and he wakes back up, gasping for air. The camera cuts to outside to reveal the light is coming from a large ship collecting the debris floating in space. K.V.N.'s destroyed corpse is sucked up into the ship, as the shuttle closes. Back inside, Gary is seen climbing up to the ship's bridge, and walks up to the window.

Gary Goodspeed: Where- Where am I?

Gary sadly presses his hand against his reflection, as he observes his new predicament. He closes his eyes sadly, as he has a flashback to Quinn's sacrifice, the Titan dragging the Earth into Final Space, and the Lord Commander's sadistic grin.

Quinn Ergon: "flashback" I'm not coming back.

The flashback ends, as Gary opens his eyes.

Gary Goodspeed: "sadly" We failed. "falls to his knees" We failed freakin' hard. H.U.E., where are we? "H.U.E. doesn't respond" H.U.E.? H.U.E.?

Gary looks at his helmet, which now has its visor smashed.

Gary Goodspeed: H.U.E.?!

H.U.E.: "offscreen" Sorry, Gary.

The door behind Gary opens, and he turns around to see H.U.E., who is now inside a robotic body standing in the entrance.

H.U.E.: This is my first time inhabiting a shell.

Gary Goodspeed: Is that really you?

H.U.E.: Get off my cheeks, Gary.

Gary Goodspeed: "relieved" Get over here, you waddling rascal.

H.U.E. slowly, and flimsily walks towards Gary.

Gary Goodspeed: Come on over. Come on. Right here. I'm waiting. While we're young, H.U.E., please. Get over here. Hug me tight, H.U.E..

Gary hugs H.U.E., only for H.U.E.'s body to hug Gary too tightly.

H.U.E.: Hugging, hugging, hugging.