Chapter 27 - Perfect day

Recommended song to listen to while reading -  SHOUT OUT by Enhypen

♡________________♡

"Well, we should go celebrate! Let's go, it's almost lunch time!" My grandpa said enthusiastically. "And, don't worry, it's on us." He added with a wink and everyone laughed. "Do you know any good restaurants here?" He asked my friends and they all started walking around.

I remained in the back with Niki who wouldn't stop saying how proud he was of me, making me feel like I was on top of the world. He went silent once we saw Jake approaching us with hesitation.

"Hey guys" He said quietly with his head hanging low.

"Hi" I answered waiting to see what will happen next. Seeing him so frozen, I was about to start talking until he started;

"First of all, I would like to apologize. The way I acted with you two for the past few days was horrible and I feel like a douche. I didn't mean to hurt you and insult you by my reaction. I guess it was instincts kicking in because of the fact that I'm not used to gay couples. All my life I've been told this kind of love is a sin. I'm so sorry it took me this long to realize how wrong that is of me. It is your lives and I should be there for you. I should have apologized sooner but I was too ashamed to face you. I just couldn't believe that I might lose two very important people in my life because of my religion. And, even though I'm still not completely used to this, for you guys, I will work hard and try to understand and accept you for who you are. Just, please, give me some time to adjust and I promise I won't disappoint you. You are both my brothers and I can't lose you." Jake finished with a shaky voice as me and my boyfriend smiled softly.

"It's okay. Take your time. Just please don't disappear like that again. We don't want to lose you either. And we are sorry you had to find out like that."

"Yeah, like Sunoo said. Take your time. But never leave us like that. Do you know how stressed I was because I almost lost my best friend??" Niki commented as Jake laughed, seemingly loosening up.

"Sorry, man. I promise I won't do that again." They both shared a hug and I could practically see Niki's whole body relax. He probably felt so relieved to have his best friend back. I was just glad that things were falling into their place. I was happy my boyfriend was happy.

"And congrats Sunoo! You were a badass out there going against your parents." Jake gave me a thumbs up as we shared a quick hug before going after the others.

"Finally, you guys caught up! Come on, let's go eat!" Jungwon exclaimed.

We all walked into the restaurant that Jay Hyung and Jungwon apparently chose, saying 'It's the best food ever'. We all sat down and started chatting, my grandparents making jokes with my friends as we waited for the food which turned out to actually be the best thing I've ever eaten in my entire life. That day was truly fantastic.

After a few hours, we all decided it was time to leave even though it wasn't that easy because everyone started complaining the second my grandpa mentioned that they have to go back to Busan that very night.

After saying their goodbyes, Jay Hyung, Heeseung Hyung, Jungwon, Jake and Sunghoon Hyung left to go back to campus, giving me, my boyfriend, and my grandma and grandpa some privacy.

It was the perfect opportunity to finally introduce Niki properly, so I took it.

"Grnadma, grandpa, I have something to tell you." They gave me a reassuring look, waiting for me to continue. I slowly took Niki's hand in mine and said with all the confidence I had left. "This is Niki, he is my boyfriend... Nonetheless, I hope you both can accept and support us." I looked back at Niki who smiled at my grandparents with pride but I could feel his heartbeat rapidly increasing as I said those words.

"Aw my dear, of course we accept you. How could we not? Especially when you have such good taste." My grandma said, making us giggle. She really wasn't lying. My boyfriend was the best.

I looked at my grandpa a little more hesitantly, knowing that he still had a hard time accepting me as being gay. But all my worries vanished once I saw him smiling at us.

He came closer and told me something that I will never be able to forget; "I'm so glad to have a grandson like you. I'm very happy that you found someone who makes you truly happy." He then looked at Niki and continued; "I trust you to take care of him."

"I promise, I will." Niki answered him with seriousness.

"And come to Busan to visit us in your vacation! Bring the others as well!" They said as they were getting into their car. We shared one last hug before saying our farewells and they drove off.

I was a little sad they left but I knew I would be seeing them again soon so I tried not to overthink it.

It was almost 8 pm when we got back to the campus, hand in hand with my boyfriend.

Once we got to our room, we both crashed in my bed, drained from that day's events.

"Today was perfect." I said quietly as I saw Niki looking at me.

"I'm glad to see you happy." He replied, kissing my cheek.

"It's thanks to you that I'm happy." I said, turning to face him and he did the same. For a few moments we didn't move. I couldn't seem to look away once I laid my eyes on him. He was everything I needed in every single way possible. He made me feel so loved and appreciated no matter what, always being there for me. It was like a blessing in my cursed life. I analysed his every feature until my eyes landed on his lips.

Looking back to his eyes, I saw him already staring at me. Getting lost in each other's eyes, we moved closer to one another connecting our lips, sharing a sweet and intimate kiss.

"I love you." These words escaped my mouth without me even having time to process them. It just felt so right saying them to him.

"I love you too." He said back without any hesitation before pulling me even closer and kissing me again.

♡________________♡

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞! 

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠? 

𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲/ 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭! 

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤! 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞! (PS: the next chapter might be the last one)

𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐲!

 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥!💜