Chapter 26 - Sorrow.

Lavinia stood outside the room where Charlotte was being kept, she had been standing there for quite a while. Lavinia didn't hear anything, Lavinia wondered if Charlotte was dead since no noise or complaints came out of her mouth. Lavinia sighed and walked to her father's office, her father didn't let her leave. She had to stay in the building and do nothing. Lavinia opened the office doors. Alexis heard the doors to his office open, he looked up, he saw his daughter. "She's dead." Lavinia said, "Is that so?" Alexis asked, "Yes, go see it for yourself, she isn't moving and hasn't made a noise in a long time." Lavinia said.

"Alright then," Alexis said as he stood up and walked over to where Charlotte was being kept. One of the guards opened the door. Charlotte sat there not moving, not making a sound, her head hanging on one side, her hands bound to chains. "Check her pulse," Alexis ordered, another guard stepped into the room and kneeled in front of Charlotte, he put two fingers at the side of Charlotte's neck and checked for a pulse. There was no pulse. The guard looked at Alexis. "She's dead." confirmed the guard as he stood up and walked away. "It's confirmed. Charlotte Winslow is dead." Alexis said with a smile on his face.

In reality, Charlotte wasn't dead. She pretended to be dead so they could get her out of there since she decided that she no longer wanted to be there anymore. Eleanor watched over Charlotte's body, 'Come on, just a bit longer.' Charlotte was with Eleanor's soul. "When am I going to return?" Charlotte asked, "We'll have to see." Eleanor said as she used the one thousand seal to keep Charlotte temporarily dead.

Charlotte saw the one thousand seal for the first time in three years. "It's called the One Thousand Seal for a reason," She was twelve years old at the time when Eleanor started teaching her and learning about the one thousand seals. "It can hold up to a large amount of energy inside the seal, it doesn't matter how much is stored. It's an extra reserve, it cannot damage the user." Eleanor had a rhombus shape on her forehead, the seal spread across her face and wrapped around her body. "I'm unsure if the One Thousand seal is going to develop or not." Eleanor kept pouring all of her energy into keeping Charlotte temporarily dead. "Come on, just a little longer," Eleanor muttered as she tried to keep the One Thousand seal activated.

Eleanor had told Charlotte how much she has grown as a person, but Charlotte didn't think she grew as a person. Alexis had ordered to transport Charlotte's body to a private plane and give her body back to her family. Charlotte had spent her time trying to fill the One Thousand Seal reserve, but she also practiced how to not waste energy while making an impact with her legs or fists.

Once Charlotte's body had been placed on the plane, Eleanor released the One Thousand seal and let Charlotte's body rest. Eleanor wasn't completely drained, she was just fatigued by using the energy within herself to keep Charlotte temporarily dead. "You can go now, you can return your soul to your body," Eleanor said, Charlotte smiled, but she decided to stay with Eleanor while she recuperated from her tiredness.

The doorbell rang, Christiana went to see who had rung the doorbell. She went to the door and opened it. Her eyes widened with shock and sadness, she saw Charlotte. Christiana screamed, Aina, Julia, Hugo, Wyatt, Fred, Sophia, Emma and Emil ran to see what had happened. "She's dead!" Christiana shouted with tears threatening to overturn. Hugo picked up his daughter and placed her on the couch. Fred checked his niece's pulse, her heart was beating. "Don't worry, she's alive," Fred confirmed. Christiana and Hugo smiled. Emil got near Charlotte and looked at her. "She looks different," Emil said as he noticed that Charlotte had gotten thinner.

Emma examined Charlotte, she certainly looked different. But she couldn't put her finger on it. "Let's sit her up," Wyatt said, Hugo nodded and got his daughter to sit up. Hugo then untied the blindfold that blocked all incoming light from Charlotte's eyes. "You're already home." Eleanor said, "Rest well, I'll see you soon." Charlotte said as she looked back at Eleanor. Eleanor smiled at Charlotte as she watched her leave.