Chapter 22 - War Declaration.

"I've waited long enough," Alexis said, he was facing the window and then turned to face his daughter. Lavinia was in her father's office and she stood there, waiting for her father to finish. "I'm going to declare war against the Winslow Corporation," Alexis said firmly. Lavinia's eyes slightly widened, "What about the company? What about our company!" Lavinia blurted, she was unsure about the future of Primal Industries. Lavinia feared that the company could go bankrupt just because of a war with another company.

"I'll handle it, you don't need to worry. Lavinia." Alexis said he started to walk towards the office doors, and he passed Lavinia. Lavinia felt like she couldn't move, she didn't know what to think. She then hears the office doors close with a slam. Lavinia then turned to see the doors, she then turned to face the windows of the office. Lavinia started to walk toward her father's desk. She placed her hand on the desk and slightly moved it, she felt the polished wooden desk.

She wondered if Charlotte would take action, Lavinia secretly wished that her father would give her the company so he could retire and not run the business. But her father was too stubborn to just give the company away to Lavinia, he wouldn't just give her the company in an instant. Lavinia had to prove to her father that she was ready to take on the responsibility of the company.

Lavinia turned away from the windows of the office and left the office. She started to feel sick to her stomach as she thought about being the manager of the company. She didn't want to disappoint her father, but the job was a bit too demanding.

As soon as Lavinia got out of the office, she sat in the hallway near the office, she already missed her mother. Lavinia hoped that her mother was doing alright, despite being in Toronto, Canada. When she went shopping with her mother at the mall she felt slightly happy, but not very happy. She felt slightly happy when she was with both of her parents but with Charlotte. She was happier, she felt like she could truly be herself with Charlotte because Charlotte didn't mind Lavinia complaining about taking over her father's job position.

Charlotte didn't mind the strange liking of Lavinia, she didn't think anything of it. Lavinia wished that they could've been friends for a longer period, than just being friends for three years. Lavinia felt like three years of being friends with Charlotte wasn't enough, "Three years isn't enough!" Lavinia told herself. Lavinia mostly blamed it on her father, he had severed their relationship. Their friendship. Mrs. Levine had told Lavinia that she was becoming obsessed with Charlotte, but Lavinia didn't even notice it. She was too busy thinking about Charlotte and the company.

Mrs. Levine and Lavinia had talked about a week ago, and Lavinia hasn't talked to her since. Mrs. Levine tries to get Lavinia's attention, but Lavinia simply ignores her and puts her aside from everything else. "I know it's not my place to say this, but I think that you're getting obsessed over her." Mrs.Levine said, her voice gentle. Lavinia stayed silent for a moment, she then answered Mrs. Levine. "You have no idea about our relationship. I care about her, and that's the least I can do."

Lavinia sighed, she wished that nothing of this ever happened. She wished that Charlotte and she were still friends. But that relationship was now severed because of their companies and business relations. Camila had suggested that Lavinia liked Charlotte more than a friend, but Lavinia denied the suggestion of her mother. And this suggestion was made two weeks ago before her mother left for Toronto. Lavinia got up from the floor and started to walk down the hall.

She then heard screams of joy, Lavinia wondered where the scream was coming from. Lavinia noticed that a door was slightly opened, Lavinia decided to take a peek inside, and she noticed that Mrs. Levine and her father were there. Lavinia wondered what they were talking about. "Yes! I'd love to! I'd love to get married to you!" Lavinia gasped, Alexis and Mrs. Levine heard the sudden gasp. They both looked at the door, Lavinia knew that they had heard her gasp. Lavinia then got her hand and covered her mouth.