four

"hello, welcome to mcdonalds, how can i help you?"

jungkook was sick today.

he called jimin earlier that day to break the news and urged him to go to mcdonalds for him. the older agreed, hoping to see someone in particular.

jimin stood in front of the counter a bit disinterested. he didn't see yoongi anywhere and the boy in front of him didn't really seem like he wanted to have any form of conversation today.

"hm, can I just get an ice cream cone and big mac meal?" jimin knew that jungkook would appreciate that.

the boy pressed a few buttons as he waited. "alright! your total is $11.34. is that for here or to go?" Jimin clarified it was to go and went to take a seat while he waited for his order to be made.

he sat at the table furthest from the counter, as he enjoyed watching people walk around from the window.

"taehyung-ah! I need you to manage while i'm gone. i'll be back in 15-20 minutes. don't let the place burn down, k?" the boy who previously served jimin, nodded his head.

jimin perked up at the sound of the voice traveling to his ears.

"yoongi!"

the manager looked at him in confusion. "do i know you?"

jimin cleared his throat, realizing how awkward this seemed to the other. "uh, probably not. i've been here a couple times in the past week, ring a bell?"

"ah! you're friends with that annoying kid, jungkook is it?" jimin nodded his head, happy to know the other recognized him.

"yeah, i'm gonna go before this goes bad," yoongi went out to reach for the door.

"wait, don't leave!" jimin urgently yelled. the older glared at him, becoming more and more annoyed by the second.

"listen, i don't know you, you don't know me, what purpose does it serve for me to stay here with you?"

"i guess not much, bu-but i was curious about something," jimin explained. yoongi sighed and gripped the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb.

"what?" he replied.

"are you dating someone?"

yoongi's head shot up. "excuse me?"

jimin smiled up at him and shrugged his shoulders. "i want to go on a date with you, if you'd be open to it"

yoongi didn't know how to react to this. this just didn't happen to him. "i-wh- you don't e-," he was a stuttering mess. his employees enjoyed watching this side of their manager come out, especially taehyung.

"say yes, hyung! he's pretty cute, don't you think?" he teased. yoongi flipped him off.

"when?" he whispered back, looking around at anything but the smaller boy stood in front of him.

"tomorrow night?"

"that's your only free day! it's meant to be" taehyung continued putting his two cents in. yoongi rolled his eyes at him.

"fine, follow me, i don't want people staring anymore," he tugged the boy along by his arm. taehyung giggled at the view.

jimin came back two minutes later, paper with a number written in hand, and swollen lips, clear to anyone who had seen his state prior to his leave. taehyung kept a close eye on him and handed him his order.

"you seem happier," the younger voiced out. jimin bit his lip and blushed at his words.

"yeah... yeah I am, thank you for your help...," jimin glanced down at his nametag. "taehyung. nice name,"

the younger smiled at him. "thanks. jimin's not too bad either,"

with that being said, he turned around and began walking away. he couldn't help feeling like he had forgotten about something. he shrugged it off. it'll come back to him if it were to be that important.

i hope this is at least a bit enjoyable ><
excuse typos :o