★HER CHILDHOOD★

During her childhood in MAKKAH and MADINA, Aisha (RA) was remarkably active. Although, she was affected by the bitterness and ill-will of the pagan Makkans, she never allowed herself to become overburdened by feelings of sadness and grief.

Instead, Aisha (RA) always displayed a sense of understanding and cheerfulness. Her custom was to face the grim challenges of life with the same calm, confidence and integrity that were the characteristics of her father's personality.

Aisha (RA) favourite pastime as a girl were swinging and playing with dolls. Hers was a really an innocent childhood. She even enjoyed a refined sort of fun.

Once on a visit to her father, Muhammad ﷺ saw her playing with a winged horse; she was barely five years old at that time. He asked her what it was; she replied it was a horse. He smiled and answered that horses did not have wings! She promptly retorted that the Prophet Sulaiman(AS) had winged horses! This incident reveals several things about her - she was intelligent, quick-witted, well-informed on religious and historical matters - and at such a tender age! She hardly ever forgot something once she heard it. (...this incident is just so cute♥♥)