Chapter 21

I then turned and left. I didn't want to stay around. I didn't want to be around when Tyler told her everything, which I know he is. I need a breather.

*END FLASHBACK*

Everyone has been trying to figure out a plan to solve our problem. But we can't make a big move until we figure out who I am connected to. I know something was off. We figured I was linked again, but it was more than one being this time.

When I felt something off, Freya and the other witches did some type of spell to figure that out. I begged them to do tests when I felt something was off. Some people thought I was just overthinking it. They felt wrong when you learned the truth about my kidnap from a while ago.

I was hiding out at the Bayous. I have been hiding there to escape the Mikaelsons and the chaos. I know it has to do with me, but I needed a getaway.

"So, this is where you have been hiding." I heard behind me. I turned around to Elena and Bonnie.

"Yes. I needed a getaway. Mostly with all of the Mikalisons keeping secrets. I feel like they are holding back." I answered her.

"I agree. They have not been giving me everything to help. I just don't get why they are doing this. We can help." Bonnie said.

"This is the Mikaelsons we are talking about." Elena commented.

"I don't think you two have been down here yet. How about I show you around? I don't want to talk about them and what they are doing now." I told them truthfully.

"Just one question. Which one of them is down here with you?" Elena asked, looking around.

"Elijah, but he had to take a phone call. So, he just stepped away that way." I told them.

"Okay. I thought maybe you made a run for it." Bonnie joked.

"I did it once. Don't tempt me again." I spoke.

I showed them around the Bayous. Showed them my favorite spots down here. We were walking back to the fire pit. Jackson came over to us.

"Elena, Bonnie. It's nice to see you guys. Happy you guys made it down here finally." He remarked.

"Yeah. It's beautiful down here. It makes sense why Hayley loves it down here." Elena said.

"It is one of the reasons. Another one to be closer to my family." I told them.

We sat down by the fire pit after talking with Jackson. Also, someone pulled him away for help.

"Jackson seems nice." Elena commented.

"He is. He is a good guy. He was the first one besides Eve. I met and helped me when I got down here." I told them.

"But I am wondering what is going on between you two. You can tell Elijah likes you a lot. But what about you? I feel like you told us about him before." Elena said.

"Is he the one that in wolf form watched over you that you told us about?" Bonnie asked.

"Yes, he is the one who watched over me when he was stuck in wolf form. The one I regretted leaving before I could them all." I told them. "But with him and me... It's complicated."

"When you say Complicated, is it not because of someone else that wears very nice suits?" Bonnie asked.

"It's not just that. Remember I told you guys there is too much to explain with New Orleans. That one day, you all will come to light. But I found out that I am posted to marry Jackson. Our two packs were close, and we were going to connect our two packs until my pack got taken out." I told them.

"What... So, you are telling us that you are in an arranged marriage. What the hell?" Elena and Bonnie commented at the same time.

"I was. But We are not going throw with it at the moment. He knows it's complicated, and I don't see him that way. But he doesn't care. He wants to be in my life somehow." I informed them.

"Well, at least he isn't forcing you into something because I will show him what a Bennett witch is like." Bonnie reassured me.

I couldn't help but laugh. I can totally see Bonnie kicking his butt. But I know Jackson would never do anything to make me uncomfortable. That is what I hate the most about this all. He is a great guy who gives me all his love and care. But I can't give it back the same way. He deserves someone who can. But He won't listen to me about it.

We have been there for a while now. But I haven't seen Elijah come back after taking that phone call. Is he still on the phone call? I got up to go and find him. Something is going on, and I don't like not being in the loop and staying in the dark.

*Elijah's POV*

I have been on the phone with Klaus for a while now. He called me to tell me more about Hayley's situation. He doesn't want to say to her. I don't blame him. She is so close to the due date. We don't want to stress her.

"Klaus, I know we don't want her to know. But we might need to tell her what is going on. She might know the missing piece. We haven't figured it out." I told him.

"No. Little wolf doesn't need to be more stressed than she is already." Klaus told me.

"I know where you are coming from, but to be honest, brother, she will always be stressed. Mostly because of this family. We are always stressed, but we are stressed together." I told him honestly.

"I am done talking about this. I will see you when you get home. We will talk more then." He told me. He then ended the call.

I think Hayley might know the missing piece of this whole thing. But Klaus wants to keep her in the dark. I know he is doing it out of care. This is his way of protecting her. I was just about to go back when I heard some noise. Just then, Hayley was standing there.

She looked at me, all annoyed and disappointed. I went after her. How much did she hear? By her facial expression, she probably heard enough.

"Hayley, let me explain." I yelled after her.

"Explain? They aren't anything you need to explain. You guys have been keeping me in the dark. We agreed no more secrets. You have given me your word Elijah. What great the means?" She said with much venom.

"What is going on?" Bonnie asked. When did they get down here?

"Did you know the truth? Are you keeping it all from me as well?" Hayley asked them.

"No. They don't know what we know." I told her.

"What do you mean? What is going on? What are we missing?" Elena asked, annoyed.

"Looks like the Mikalisons have been keeping us all in the dark. There is more going on than we know. That might be why you can't figure out how to help me, Bonnie." She told her.

I saw something change in Bonnie's eye. I only saw that look once. It never ends well with that look. The three girls looked at each other. They talked about their faces. They turned and walked away from me. I knew where they were going. This isn't going to end well. Klaus should have just listened, and we won't be in this situation now.