A moment of truce

The hierophant of flames and the archer of wishes enjoy a moment of peace

---

At the highest part of Dessert paradise sat it's guardian Zephyr of Life and his frenemy Blue Flame Hierophant.

It was a funny thing for both. On their entire five hundred years or so they had never found such a company as annoying to them as each other. Yet there they were, the blessed myth and the religion deity being friendly for more than a minute without fighting.

How had that started, actually?
Oh, yes. It was back when Zephyr brought a fire worshipper back to Dragon's Valley, the mortal had begged the deity for a blessing so their tribe's next harvest would be bountiful on such lands.
Having been molded on the valley's risky nature, the hierophant was quick to become territorial, and started forcing the archer into tiresome fights. And the archer, of course, grew annoyed of that, to the point he did not mind starting these himself if he could smack sense into the spirit.
Interestingly, that was what brought them closer, as Blue Flame's sudden mood swings usually got him to be eerily friendly with his 'enemy' after their battles. The wind spirit always took it as Fire being too tired to be an annoyance, though.

Blue Flame Hierophant had bandages on his chest and head, Zephyr of Life had burns and scratches on his face and arms. Both were bloodied to make things fair.
The wind archer gently pulled a dandelion off of the ground, inspecting it's beauty before blowing it off, sugar sparkly and sweet scented breath was seen for a second before being washed away with the breeze.
The fire prince was laid down on his back, he did not mind watching at all (knowing well that if he tried the same he would breath fire or smoke and it wouldn't be as 'graceful' as Zephyr makes it be).
None ever dared to say a word.

A faint glow appeared on one of Zephyr's bruises, slowly closing the cut and curing the skin that had been burnt. It had been happening for a while since they stopped fighting for the time being.
You see, wind element is quite... useless for the job the deity was assigned to. At birth, he was gifted a portion of healing magic to save the fallen spirits that endangered the paradise. When he became Zephyr, his creators decided it was about time for the archer to get a portion that was enough so he could heal not only spirits, but the life around him. Very limited to partially curing living beings and manipulating plants, of course.
This topic was always something the spirit disliked discussing. The powers were very useful, yes, and he was very thankful, but he starts feeling ashamed for being so weak their creators had to do such a thing if he thinks for too long about it.

The Hierophant did not seem to understand that, however. While a part of him was envious and angry that the archer had such a blessing of a power and cries about it, the other admires and understands why he feels like that.
Having been limited to only using fire himself, it wasn't the most 100% sucess rate thing for survival on the Dragon's Valley, but it gave him advantage regarding the temperature and dominance. And possibly, that mindset shaped his personality into what it was. Once he gained the most powerful flames anyone could ever bear, he found out he could also do geokinesis and had a bit of control over lava.
But being someone entirely of flames and ashes came with disadvantages. He couldn't get near forests without burning them down, many sweets would melt instantly in his presence, and even on his most powerful form he could never touch water for too long.

So maybe that was why he must enjoy it there with the archer.

The dessert paradise had spells of protection. A huge shield of sugar and life force surrounded it, and the hierophant's favorite feature was the anti-fires spell. No, it did not attack him, but rather neutralized the influence of his flames on the flammable nature around there. It would have been something he would have complained about (which he did for the first 7 years knowing the archer), if it didn't make the spirit feel safer.
It felt.. odd, being anywhere that wasn't the dead valley ruled by dragons and fierce beasts, and he liked that feeling. To know that for once he didn't have to worry about the scarce food or safe caves to rest at.