Chapter 25

The day had finally arrived. My time in Jakarta had been spent mostly with taking Emily from one museum to the other. Despite myself not being too interested, seeing Emily geeking out does put a smile on my face. The trips ended up being quite enjoyable. I also took her to other nearby areas like Bogor and Bekasi for quick day trips.

After all those little trips, the day finally arrived. I rubbed my hands together as I waited for her. Being near the equator, Indonesia didn't have a winter season, so it didn't feel particularly cold, but that didn't mean it was hot either. I parked the car in front of Emily's house. Emily, still inside, waved toward her parents and headed out for the car. She disappeared from the seat behind me and appeared from inside the fence.

She closed the fence and rushed toward the car, entering from the passenger seat. We had been going on these trips pretty often in the last week. Emily's parents were free from work starting from the twenty-first, while mine had stopped working from the twenty-third. With nothing else to do, we spent time together until those two dates.

Emily's family would be taking a vacation to Switzerland from the twentieth seven until the second of January, though, so this would be our last chance to spend time together for the year.

"Let's go."

Emily said with a wide grin. She wore a pink sweater coupled with a black knee-level skirt for the day. She tied her hair into a ponytail with a cute little ribbon. She looked at me with expectation.

"Where to, though."

"Anywhere will be fine."

I didn't have an idea of where to take her, but there is one place that we hadn't visited. It was located right beside the shopping mall that we visited back during Olivia's wedding. Poodle Map said that it was an hour away.

"Is this alright?"

I asked as I showed her the screen.

"An hour away?"

She asked. I nodded. The problem was that since it was a holiday, with tomorrow being the big day, naturally more people would be around. Especially since it was already this late. People would probably be hanging out around malls buying gifts for their loved ones at this point. I would prefer somewhere closer, but after a few days of being left alone, we had practically exhausted our list of destinations to visit.

"Yeah. Should I choose somewhere closer?"

Emily shook her head.

"I've eaten a bit before going out."

"Alright, then."

I put my foot on the gas and moved out of Emily's complex. We drove west, heading for West Jakarta. The map told us that the fastest route wouldn't be through a regular road that cut through Central Jakarta, but instead, the toll road that traveled on the northern side of the city, right next to the sea. I decided to follow it.

"You looked great."

I commented as I drove. I had taken a good look at her outfit before we departed, so I can say that even if my eyes were on the road. She twirled her hair, looking flushed.

"Thanks..."

Seeing her acting all shy made my heart skip a bit.

I wonder if...

I had been feeling these sorts of feelings for a while now. Spending so much time with the real Emily and not her shadow made me think about things I didn't think about so far.

We talked about various things as we made our way past the busy streets. Emily told me the story about how they went to dinner with Olivia and her husband's family. They had kept a close relationship until now, and wished to stay close. I didn't have many chances to speak with them directly, but from the limited run-ins, especially at the wedding, I could tell that they were good people.