L ㅡ It's Better To Let Go.

[Ending for L]

✈︎

It's better to let go.

That day, I woke up for school as usual. Brushing my teeth, eating breakfast, and tying my Converse. But I didn't wear my uniform.

My heart felt heavy, but I could still carry it. I felt a million emotions washing over me, but I needed to do it.

I wasn't going to ruin a precious friendship just because I fucked up.

That day, I went to school. My hands were buried in my jeans pocket, had it always been that cold?

As I walked my way to school, I encountered the same alley.

But this time, I didn't stop. Instead, I smiled slightly and walked further away.

It's no use looking back at the past.

I know, the one who was at fault since day one was me.

It was me, desperate for love.

It was me, the one who betrayed them.

The worst thing?

I broke their heart.

I soon arrived at the school, with a clenching heart, I made my way inside, walking inside of the hallways.

I thought I'd see Felix greeting me good morning as usual. But I didn't.

I thought I'd cry over Minho and Jisung's closeness again, like always. But I didn't.

I thought I'd be jealous of Hyunjin's hookups as usual. But I wasn't.

I thought I'd be crushing over Jeongin from far away. But I wasn't.

I thought I'd be teasing Chan hyung again as always. But no, I wasn't.

I thought I'd be admiring Changbin hyung, fantasising over him like I always do. But I wasn't.

Nothing was the same as before.

From a distance, I saw my friends chatting together as usual.

I took a deep breath and walked towards them. It was going to be okay.

As I neared them, they noticed my presence and quietened upon turning towards me.

I saw their disappointed faces, knowing I was the reason, my heart broke.

My chest tightened, and I took a deep breath again to calm my racing heart. My friends didn't utter a word. They only waited for me to speak.

"I'm... sorry... for all that I've done..."

I said, and I could tell from their faces that they knew where I was heading to.

"I understand that you guys may not trust me anymore..."

The tears in my eyes were threatening to fall down, but I controlled them, breathing at an unsteady pace.

I wanted to leave with a smile.

"That's why..." How could I complete this sentence? "I'm leaving...."

I completed it anyhow and shifted my gaze towards the ground to hide the tears that were already spilling out of my eyes.

After all this,

Will everything ever be okay again?

I didn't have to look at their face to know disappointed they were, I could already feel it.