The move

Alright, in this book I change names from Colton to Cole a lot, that's because I was to lazy to write Colton all the time. I apologize and maybe someday I will change it, but today is not that day. So COLE is COLTON.

Oh and be cautious this is my first book. There is a lot spelt wrong. Thanks!

It all started with the move. I will admit I was pissed I won't even begin to describe it. The day she (my mom) told me about moving was supposed to be the best day of my life, little did I know how fast my life could crumble.

If I remember correctly her exact words were
"Start packing were leaving tomorrow morning." Me being me ignored her and continued getting ready for school. Me and my mom have never really held a stable relationship, we were always to busy fighting.

You see when I was five my mom cheated on my dad, my father was heart broken because he thought she was the love of his life. My mom didn't see it that way and as soon as he found out she filed for divorce.

My dad fought for custody, my mom being the cold hearted bitch that she is fought back just to hurt him. She didn't want me, and I was reminded of that fact a lot. Eventually my mom won full custody of me and my dad was no longer able to see me.

I would say me and my mom have some issues....

Soon after I was ready for school I skipped down the stairs in the good mood I was in. Don't get me wrong I am totally not a morning person, but this was no ordinary day. Today I fact is my 17th birthday. And my boyfriend is said to have a special surprise for me.

"And just where do you think your going?" My mom snapped. I buzzed passed her into the kitchen grabbing a apple from the bowl in the middle of the table.

"Where every 17 year old goes on a Monday in December?" I took a big bite of my apple, loving all the juice that filled my mouth as I did.

"Ha ha smart one I told you to start packing." My moms face was disgusted and juice dripped down my chin. "Look, Cristina, I'm trying to be the best mom I can be, but you have to listen to me, now go up to your room and pack...please?" My mom struggles at being nice, and trait I didn't think would exist in her world.

"What do you mean pack?" I asked curiously. To be honest I wasn't surprised my mom was trying to be nice, she's always trying to get close to me. I just don't have it in my to like her. I know that sounds messed up, but I don't think I can forgive her, ever.

"I mean I got us a huge house on the beach in...Florida!" My mom said enthusiastically. Instantly I started choking on the apple that was in my mouth. I hit my stomach trying to get the now evil apple out of my throat, and I worked. The half chewed pieces of apple that was once in my mouth flung into my mothers face. Its slimy substance made me want to gag as it slid down her face and into her auburn hair. Her mouth was opened, and her bright green eyes were wide with fear, as if the apple was magically going to catch fire and she would soon have only half a head of hair because the rest was burnt off.

"Get up stairs and pack...NOW" My mother screamed at me. I nodded afraid for my life as I climbed up the stairs and into my room.
Florida? Why out of all places Florida? Moving a crossed the country for no reason. Living in Washington is perfectly okay, why would she want to move? She's probably just doing it to to prove again her hate for me. I sit on my bed and put my head in my hands. Why must I have to have such I bitch mom. What am I going to do, what am I going to do? Should I run away? No, she would call the cops say a whole sob story and act like she loves me then send out a search party. And I am saying this from experience. Maybe I should ask my friends what to do, they always have a weird way of knowing what to do.

I grab my phone and madly dial my best friends number. Ok so I wouldn't call us best friends but we are pretty close. My best friends right now has her phone taken away, so I have to do with what I have and call my other best friend, if that makes sense.

"Hello?" I say as I hear a mumble reply. Does she know I called her. Before I could repeat another greeting I heard a high pitched moan. Suddenly interested I listened a little harder.

"Why can't you just dump her alrighty. We can do this everyday and we wouldn't have to hide it from every one." Chole (2cd best friend) moaned out. I made a face that resembles the grinch as I looked out my window, now hoping no one can see me. Talk about embarrassing...

"Todays her birthday do you really th..." The phone went dead. Was that... Oh my god.

Jaxson the love oh my life... Cliché. Now that I think about it really cliché. I didn't even realize I was crying until a sudden pain shot through my stomach.

We've been together for two years and he cheats on me?!? That little son of a....

"I thought I told you... Why are you crying?" My moms voice wavered. Mixed emotions were in her eyes as she crutches down in front of me. Seeing her trying to Comfort me made me feel even worse. To think how hard she has to try to get a true word out of me makes me feel like someone grabbed a knife and started twisting it into my skin where under it lies my heart.

"Mom, please get out." I try not to snap the words out but I can't help but hate her a little bit more now that I know how my dad felt.
My moms eyes flashed hurt, but she stood up anyways "Look if you need anything you know where to find me.." She awkwardly squeezed my shoulder and left.

Fuck boys I'm moving on to girls. A little voice in my head laughed at the thought of me trying to flirt with a girl.

*•*•*

The ride to the air port had to be one of the most horrible things I've ever experienced. My mom was trying to comfort me and I wanted to be alone. The plane ride was worse though. I was stuck in between my mom and an older women who thought I was adorable and would tell me so every five minutes.

No matter what I did I couldn't escape the old lady fingers in my hair and pinching my cheeks. And I mean both cheeks. I swear when I stood up I felt a slight numbness in a certain area of my butt. My mom found it amusing, and didn't try to help me. Every now and then you would hear a little snicker coming from her way, and when I would turn and look at her she would act innocent and look out the window. Five horrible hours on a plane going to a place I don't want to go, yay! Happy birthday to me! Cue the sarcasm.

Comment your favorite part! I will read ☺️