Baby names

I stared down at the baby that we were give inn away today. Ok so we didn't own him, but it's hard to have something for a minute then to give it back without any feels, and babies... I felt my heart clench at the thought of Cole having no one to sing to anymore.

The baby was silently sleeping. I watched the rise of his chest then as it fell again. It was peaceful watching a baby sleep, kinda like a security blanket. I know that sounds weird, but it makes you feel like you have nothing to lose and if you did have something, it's in front of you and your going to fight till the death to make sure nothing happens to it...because folks is what a security blanket is.

The atmosphere of the room was expected to change at any given moment, it always does there's nothing that stays nice in this place. Cole was sitting on the bed watching me watch the baby. I could feel his intense stares boring into the back of my head but I never turned to him. He knew something was wrong, he knew I wasn't telling him something. You could tell by the look in his eye, the one that say 'please tell me before I ahead to ask.' It's honestly very hard to fight off telling him but I have to act like nothing happened. I don't want him to hate his brother or kill his brother and I don't want him to look at me differently.

I smiled sweetly as the baby murmured a soft noise in his sleep. I returned back to real life then, realizing his mom was going to be here soon.

"I want my own baby." I whined. I glanced at Cole but when I saw the look in his eyes I immediately turned away.

"I know." He said flatly. Waiting for me to say more, I didn't.

Silence filled the room and the air began to grow stiff, so I turned my attention to his cloths.

"I like your outfit, but you shouldn't wear that around me you don't know what I'll do." I winked. He was wearing only boxers putting his nice toned body on display.

I got nothing out of him not even a fake smile, instead I got a plain stare. It felt as if his eyes were burning holes in me. I gave a tiny fake smile and turned to Charley who was still fast asleep.

"Where'd you go, a few days ago you left In the middle of the night." Colton asked. My eyes widened and I tried to think of something quick to cover up the reason for me not being here.

"How long has Charley been sleeping? And why is it a lot of people we know name started with a C?" I asked turning my gaze back to him.

He knew I changed the subject in purpose, but decided to drop it with a faint look of disappointment.

"He's been asleep for a good ten hours. And I don't know. Coincidence maybe." He said half heartedly.

I stared at the floor, both of us not speaking. The floor was fluffy and white, I made a mental note to never bring red sauces in here. Or any food at all. Besides ice cream, that doesn't count. Or pickles.

I took a deep breathe holding the air in my cheeks. I knew I probably looked like a chipmunk but I didn't mind, the feeling of pressure felt relaxing.

I released the air with a big puff. I used to do that when I was a kid, whenever I got mad.

Once me and my mom where arguing and mid sentence I paused to do that. It made her laugh which in turn made me laugh, but then I got mad at her again and stormed off to my room. That's when the puffs stopped.

I was like only 12 at the time, and I honestly couldn't control my anger. Not like any things changed..

"If we have a kid what would we name it if it was a girl?" I asked randomly taking us both by surprise.

"Probably something with a C, like Chole." I cringed at the name.

"No." I said flatly. It wasn't the name, it's just I knew someone who had that name and they weren't the best person to name a child after. "Hmm, maybe Crystal?"