➿Chapter 4➿

"Mulder! Mulder!" Mulder heard Scully screaming his name. He raced up the stairs. Nothing would hurt her again. 

"What is it?" Mulder asked as he got to the bathroom. 

"My test! I'm- I'm not pregnant!" She was shaking and crying, but in tears of joy. Mulder had thought she was crying. 'What if she had been pregnant?' Mulder thought. 'Would she want to keep it? Would she abort?' 

"That's great!" Mulder laughed. They were both very relieved. 

They spent the next two weeks sitting at home, eating pizza. One night they went out to see a movie. Mulder was happy when they were able to get back to work. Scully had recovered, almost fully, from the trauma. Mulder, of course, did research about who could've done it. That horrible evil thing. But he had found no evidence of anyone, or thing, that could've happened. Mulder even shot down the thought of aliens. 

When it came time to go back to work, Scully was excited. Although it was nice to have two weeks off, they were both ready to hunt aliens, and ghosts, and serial killers. 

They arrived in the office, and right away, Mulder was asked to go to Skinners office. 

"It's good to be back," Mulder said.

"Yes. I'm glad to see you two back to work. Now I have a call from the Police Department in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The have a long list of child abductions, all connected. The children, or teenagers, as I should say, were all 18 or 19. There is no evidence of anyone taking them anywhere. They just disappeared out of bed one night." 

"How many of them?" Mulder asked. 'Could it be aliens? Are they the ones who took Samantha?'

"Seven. Plus four adults."

"How old were the adults?"

"Mid-twenties to thirties. All either redheads or brunettes. Including the teenagers."

"Are they women?" 

"Yes, all of them are attractive women. I have the identities in this file folder."

"Thank you sir," Mulder said politely. 

"You may see yourself out, Agent Mulder."

Mulder walked back to his office, to find Scully eating his sunflower seeds. She was spinning around in his chair, popping the seeds into a cup. 

"Scully! Those are mine!"

"Yes, well, you didn't have anything else in here to do." 

Mulder sighed and said " We have a case in Minneapolis." 

Mulder filled Scully in on the case, and they planned to leave the next day. 

The next day, Mulder loaded up Scully's bags into his car. They drove to the airport after talking a little bit, and got aboard the plane. They landed and headed straight for the hotel. 

"One room?" The clerk asked. 

"Two actually," the people ahead of them responded. 

It was Mulder and Scully's turn next. 

"One room?" The clerk asked. "What am I saying. We only have one room left."

"Oh," Scully said. "I-we-uh"

"Thank you, that'll do." Mulder  said. As soon as they walked away, Scully started talking. 

"We have to have two rooms,"

"Well, there's only one left." 

"Ughhh,"

They set their stuff down and went outside. Sooner or later, they caught a taxi to the police station. They talked to the clerk and we're able to speak with the same man they had worked with on their last case. 

"Nice to see you again," Mulder said as they shook hands.  

"Of course," the now gray haired man responded. "We have an issue. Other than the kidnappings, Donnie Pfaster has gotten loose."