✔️Chapter Six✔️

When Mulder and Scully got back to the hotel, they walked up the stairs, as the elevator was full. They unlocked the door, and almost tripped. They had just thrown suitcases in front of the door and left. They hadn't even seen the inside. They moved the bags and when they saw the room, they gasped. No couch, just a ratty armchair. And one bed. 

"Shit," Scully's said. "Mulder, I'll take the arm chair, you can have the bed."

"No, you can have the bed," he said tenderly. "See? Nice and comf-eww." A beatle crawled out from the cushion. 

"Ok," Scully said. "We both know neither of us are sleeping in that."

"Yeah," Mulder laughed. "I guess that's what happened when you stay at a three star hotel."

They set up their stuff and went to get pajamas on. They were both extremely tired. Scully settled for satin pants and a sports bra, while Mulder wore his UFO pants. 

"Is it hot in here?" Scully asked, brushing her teeth. "I'm sweating."

"I'll go check the heat." Scully heard cursing. When Mulder came back into the bathroom, he told her that it was jammed, and he had to turn it down to 35 degrees (Fahrenheit). As the room cooled off, Scully got in bed. She closed her eyes. Mulder got in bed a bit later, but was uncomfortable. He turned around and faced Scully who turned around in her sleep. His insomnia was bad that night, and he hadn't thought to bring melatonin. He opened his eyes, and realized that Scully had moved a little closer. He looked at her, sleeping peacefully. She looked so cute in her sleep. The green sports bra really brought out her hair color, he thought. 

Mulder shivered in the cold and pulled his blanket up higher. He continued to look at Scully. Not in a creepy way, but a loving tender way. 

"Mulder." Mulder jumped. Scully had opened her eyes and was staring at him. "You've been staring at me for ten minutes. Can I help you?" 

"Um-I," Mulder stuttered. 

"I'm just teasing," Scully said. "Burrr," she shivered. "It's freezing in here."

Mulder nodded and stood up. He walked over to the thermostat, only to come back a minute after. "The thing's jammed at 35 degrees, possibly colder." He said.

He wandered over to the closet and got the spare blanket. He threw it on top of the bed and climbed in. Two minutes later, Scully said, "We're going to catch hypothermia if we don't get warmer." 

Mulder, understanding the assignment, moved closer to Scully until their bodies were touching. He wrapped his arm around her waist and burrowed his face into her hair. "How's this?" He asked. 

"Better,"