🕸️Chapter 9🕸️

"Do you no what direction they went?" Mulder asked the man, panicked. "This man is a wanted criminal."

"I'm not sure, but Pfaster mentioned something about going back to his house."

Was Scully drunk? 

"Do you know where that house would be?" Mulder asked.

"No, but there is a trailer park nearby that I see him at." 

"Thank you. If you see him or Agent Scully please call this number." Mulder handed him a card with his number on it and left. The RV park wasn't far away, just a few minutes in the car. He asked the manager where Donnie Pfaster checked in. 

"Plot B45," the manager said. "On the far side, near the woods."

"Thank you, sir," Mulder responded, and ran over to the plot.  But plot B45 was in flames. He called the fire department, but ran into the woods. In the dark, he couldn't see much. He saw Scully's cross  necklace, but not the stream. Not the rock. He didn't see what he tripped over. The rock. He went tumbling down to the stream, getting soaked and bloody nose. He stood up, thoroughly shaken and crawled up the bank. He cleared his eyes and saw a small shack. Then he heard the gunshot. Scully! He followed a path, made by a truck, up to it. He went inside, and saw blood. Blood everywhere. This must be where he took Scully. There was a trail of blood. He saw a body on the floor. 

"Scully!" He shouted. He ran up to the body. The hair was lighter, brunette. And shorter. It was Agent Dickman. The hair had been messily cut. This had to be Pfaster. And from the looks of, he had had slit her throat.  

Suddenly, he heard a car start and saw car lights. Pfaster! He ran out the door and chased the car. He was so close. But he tripped. On a log. 

When he woke up, he was in  a hospital. Scully! Last night's memories flooded in, and he shuddered. She could be anywhere. The body. In the shack. 

"Don't worry," a man said. It was their detective friend. "I recovered Agent Dickman's body. And another. The blonde man, that got Pfaster out of prison, is dead. He was shot in the head."

"I heard the gunshot," Mulder said. "Did you find Scully?"

"Not yet."

Suddenly, the door opened. A women that he didn't recognize stepped in. "They found a body."