➿Chapter 8➿

"No," he said, a little too fast. 

"Hmmn," Scully responded when Agent Dickman closed the door. "Intriguing."

Mulder sighed. "Why do you care anyways?"

"I just-," Scully sighed. "I-,"

Mulder cut her off. "It's my life, Scully. Even if I did like her, why would it affect you?"

"Because I know more about you, Mulder!" Scully shouted as they walked out the building. "Does she even know about Samantha?"

"I-No, she doesn't. But I'm failing to see why you are getting all worked up about it!" 

"Because I don't want you to get caught up in some Malibu Barbie life!" 

"'Malibu Barbie'? What does that have to do it anything?" Mulder asked as they got in the car. "What do you mean by that?"

"Mulder, I don't think you understand. You never do."

"What is that supposed to mean?" 

"Mulder! She hates me!" Scully yelled. 

"She doesn't hate you!"

"Yes, she does!"

"Why are you making a big deal out of it?"

"STOP THE CAR!" Scully screamed. "NOW!"

Mulder slammed on the brakes. "Where are you going?" 

"Somewhere I can be alone." Scully mumbled as she got out of the car.

"No, Scully!" Mulder shouted back at her. "Come back! I'm sorry!"

Scully slammed the door closed and walked around the the corner. 

Mulder sighed and drove back to the hotel. 

Scully sighed. "One beer, please." She mumbled to the bartender. The bartender nodded and came back 30 seconds later with a beer. She chugged the whole thing. The night went on like this until she had reached her 8th, and was completely drunk. 

"Hey, sexy lady," a voice said from behind her. "Mind if I buy you a drink?"

Scully turned and saw a familiar face, but was so drunk that she didn't notice. "Sure!" She slurred, in a drunken haze. "I'm Dana," she mumbled.

"I'm Don," the man said. "A beer?" 

"Yes,"

Don sat next to her, but as they were drinking, he moved closer and closer, until their knees were touching. Don's hand was on his thigh. "Another!" He shouted when she had finished. He moved his hand to her knee, but she didn't notice. They started talking. 

"So, you ever gotten a tattoo?" Don asked. 

"Yes actually," Scully responded. "On my lower back."

"Neat." Don responded. "I have one my thigh."

"So what brought you here?" Scully asked, taking a drink of her beer. 

"I was looking for a lonely woman, like you."

"Oh," Scully purred. 

"You have a place to stay tonight?"

"No," Scully smirked. 

"Wanna come back to my place?" Don asked. 

"Mhmm," Scully responded.

'I can't believe it. Why am I so stupid. I am so dumb.' Mulder thought. "Just this morning we were having fun." He spoke to himself. "Why? WHY?" 'I need to find her.'

Mulder threw on his coat and left. A few minutes later, he arrived where they had stopped hours before. He turned and walked the corner. He looked at the first door. A bar. "Looks promising." He said to himself. "You seen this woman?" He asked the bartender. "Yes, she just left, about ten minutes ago. She left with some guy named Don, he payed with cash." 

"Can you draw him?" Mulder asked. 'Don?' Donnie?'

"Ah, yes, I am quite the artist myself."

When the bartender finished, he laughed. "I don't think it's half bad!"

Mulder gasped. It was none other than Donnie Pfaster.