xxɪɪ.

xxɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The boys scatter through the buildings, followed by the reanimated scarecrows. Latimer runs upstairs.

"Let's go. Quick as you can.", John exclaims.

"Don't go to the village. It's not safe.", Martha wants.

"And you, ladies.", He adds, looking to Martha, Joan, Anastasia and Thea.

"Not till we've got the boys out.", Joan insists.

"What a second. Where's Jules?", Martha wonders aloud.

John's eyes widen as he turns and sees that she is no longer where he last saw her.

"Jules? Juliet! Juliet!", He cries out, tears in his eyes.

"Here!", She calls.

He runs I've to find her huddled up, all alone, in a corner. She is shaking from fear.

"John.", She croaks out.

"Hey, Sweets. Come here.", He says as he kneels down and she jumps into his embrace. He holds her close as he strokes her hair.

"You'll be alright. I've got you. Their gone. Their gone now."

She stops crying and shaking and relaxes into his comforting embrace. After a moment she pulls away and he wipes her story tears as she sniffles lightly.

"I'm scared."

"I know. I am too, but we'll be okay. We've got each other. Forever?"

"Forever.", She nods.

He smiles and stands up, offering her a hand so she can do the same. She gratefully accepts it. They walk with the others.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The scarecrows have rounded up some boys.

"One of these boys has got the watch. This one?", Jenny asks.

"No.", Lucy shakes her head.

"This one?", Baines asks, now.

"No."

"This one?"

"No.", Lucy denies.

"Get off me. I said get off me!", Hutchinson cries.

"Ah! This one, is that him?", Baines grins.

"No.", Lucy sniffs before answering.

"Right. Then we can kill this lot."

In the dormitory, Latimer opens the watch.

"Lord of Time.", A voice says.

"That's it."

"Upstairs!", Jenny exclaims.

"Don't just stand there. Outside. Come on, out!", Hutchinson says to the other boys.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"Now, I insist. All of you, just go. If there are any more boys inside, I'll find them.", He opens the door. There are scarecrows on the other side. He slams it shut and locks it.