CHAPTER 8 - FIRST ENEMY

I push through the huge iron gates and enter the school. My mind goes blank when I look around at how big and huge the school is. There is a straight path, leading to a dome shaped building. There is grass on either side of the path and to my sides, are huge buildings with towers soaring high in the sky. I walk slowly and find students with similar uniforms, performing magic and showing their friends. I walk half a kilometer and reach the dome shaped building.

The doors of the building open automatically and close when I enter the building. From the outside the school looks old and ancient, made of bricks, but on the inside, it's entirely modern with centralized air conditioning, elegant bright lights all over, walls filled with paintings of people and numerous stair cases. I find a desk at the center and go over there. Two ladies, dressed elegantly sit there working on some papers.

"Hello? Good Morning. I am Scarlett Frost. New Admission. I need my ID card and directions to my classroom." I say leaning onto the desk.

"Oh my god! you are Scarlett Frost?" a lady gasps in horror.

I nod.

"Shhh calm down! " the other lady tries to calm her down.

"Just a minute, we will give your ID." she says turning towards me and gives my ID with a tag.

"Please wear it all the time in school premises and do not lose it. If you lose it, you will be charged with a fine."

I nod.

"Your classroom is in the sixth floor of the third tower." the lady says.

"How do I reach there?" I ask.

"Take left from here, you will find a long corridor, if you turn left you will reach the courtyard, and if you take right, you will find a series of steps in different directions, take the center one, which leads to the elevator. Go to the sixth floor through the elevator. Your classroom is 25-B." the lady says.

Half of the information goes over my head when I try to memorize it.

"Um....is it possible for someone to show me? " I ask.

The lady sighs and signals her partner to come with me.

The other lady nods and gestures me to the left.

"How many classrooms are there in this school?" I ask her.

"Over five hundred. This is the largest school in the world, which is over nine hundred acres. There are various clubs for students and arenas for practical approach. There are a total of eight towers, five libraries, three gyms, two halls for meals and a huge auditorium for morning assemblies and announcements." the lady says proudly.

"Oh" I say blankly.

I have to admit, this school is hundred times bigger than my previous school.

The lady helps me go to my classroom and I thank her.

I look around and find the floor is circular with a railing. I look down from the railing and find classrooms beneath.

"This is your classroom" the lady says gesturing towards the classroom beside me and goes towards the elevator.

"Thank you" I say.

I find a wooden sliding door with a sign saying "25-B".

I give out a deep sigh and hold the door to slide it open, but suddenly I hear a voice.