CHAPTER 12 - MAKING NEW ENEMIES

Classes continue and I just pretend as if I am listening to the class. I look sideways and find Mary trying to keep her eyes open, Rebecca keeps fixing and adorning her long beautiful braid, while Armaros sleeps on the table. I sigh and look diagonally, only to find Cana looking deeply at me. I find it uncomfortable and look towards Ms. Ruby, pretending to listen to her class. She must've been angry at me. I should make sure I don't intensify her anger, she is my friend. I cannot upset her more.

Soon, it's lunch break and I rush to Cana. She usually runs towards me as soon as the bell rings for lunch break, but today she just ignores me and walks out with her other friends. My stomach twists at the thought of her hating me. The only friend I have is ignoring me and I feel restless. I have to fix things with her immediately. I run towards Cana who is busy with her friends in the corridor. She sees me and pretends that she did not notice me. She attempts to leave but I quickly hold her wrist and shoot an apologetic look to her. She frees her hand and just walks away without looking back. My heart sinks. I curse myself for letting the only friend I have be upset on me. I run down towards the dinning hall searching for Cana. I try various times to speak to her, but everytime, I am interrupted by students who ask various questions about my clan or about my powers. 

I walk behind Cana calling her name and asking her to talk to me. But she just ignores and pretends she did not notice me. As I walk through the courtyard, I find various voices towards the far end, behind the walls of the tower. No, they are not voices. They are screams. I instinctively run towards the screams and find a group of boys bullying two girls. I hide behind the wall of the tower and watch carefully, only to find Armaros defending the girls. 

"Stay away! you idiots. What kind of man bullies girls?" Armaros shouts taking a fighting stance.

"You sure talk big for a loser. Who do you think you are?" a boy shouts back at him while his friends laugh. 

"Shut up and go away." Armaros says angrily.

"How dare you talk to us like that! you bastard" another boy says and punches Armaros hard to the ground. 

"Boys! let's teach this idiot some respect for his superiors." a boy says and all four of them start kicking and beating Armaros as he tries to resist.

"You both go away. Don't worry about me" Armaros shouts to the two girls who are crying. Both of them immediately run away without looking back. 

All four of the boys beat up Armaros very badly. He is an idiot. Why did he have to care and save those ungrateful girls who did not even bother to help him. I really don't understand his actions. The four boys beat Armaros brutally, as he tries to defend himself and attack them. It's four vs one fight. There is no way he stands a chance against those four. What exactly was he thinking? Suddenly, Cana strikes my mind and I hurry away from that place looking for Cana. This is not the time to be thinking about an idiot like him. I need to look for Cana and fix things with her at any cost.

I run towards the main dining hall again and find her talking to her friends holding a tray. I walk towards her and call her multiple times but she averts her eyes away from me. 

"Cana...she's been running behind you and calling for the past twenty minutes. It's not good to avoid her." Cana's friend says to her.

Cana stands silent for a while, frowning. 

"Cana...please talk to me once." I say softly.

She finally turns towards me and changes her expression from anger to her usual kind self.