CHAPTER 14 - LORD OF WEAPONS

My head goes blank at once. Expelled and sent back? I cannot go back to that shitty town again. Not after finally getting to know that I belong here with these people. My hands start to sweat and I lean closer to look through the keyhole as there is a long pause.  

  "You cannot just expel the daughter of the commander of the army without a proper reason and explanation , Edward." the man says with a deep voice.

  Commander of the army? My mom has that high position in this kingdom? My eyes widen at the realization. That explains why I am living in a huge mansion like that. 

"Well I do have a reason Connor. She almost killed the Jasper boy. You do know how much powerful clan he comes from, right?" Mr. Edward says.

"Yes, I do. But you are forgetting that Scarlett too comes from such clan. In fact, you do know the importance of her blood line to this kingdom, don't you?  You cannot just expel her for beating up a jerk like Jasper. All this wouldn't have happened if that Jasper kid didn't cross the line." Connor says.

"That is not a satisfactory explanation. It still doesn't change the fact she was about to kill him. If I wasn't there she would've killed Jasper. Would you take responsibility for that?" Mr. Edward asks.

Connor remains silent again. 

"Edward....you know why she was about to kill him. It was not in her control. She is still young. She doesn't know the burden she is carrying or the problems she is going to face in the future." Connor says.

What was not in my control? What burden is he talking about?

"You think I care? I don't give a damn about that stupid brat." Mr. Edward says angrily.

Connor takes a deep breath and sighs.

"Eddie....you better watch your tone. You are just the vice principal of the school, nothing more. Don't think you can do whatever you like, else I might have to dig your past and you know what happens if I start doing that." Connor says calmly, which is enough to intimidate Edward.

"You dare to threaten me in my own school?" Mr. Edward gets up from his chair angrily.

"I am not threatening you Eddie. I am just speaking facts. Know your place, do not forget it was our kindness that kept you alive." Connor says looking down on Mr. Edward.

"She is not even your daughter. Why do you care about her?" Mr. Edward says.

"She is my best friend's daughter and looking after her is my duty." Connor says.

"Hmph! Even after all she did? Did you forget how she chose her lover over yo-" Mr. Edward stops midway when Connor  snaps his finger and the door flings open.

"I guess this conversation is no longer private, right Ms. Scarlett?" Connor says turning towards me.

He is tall and has muscular build with silver eyes. He is wearing black leather jacket with black leather pants and various sorts of weapons on his belt. He has a crescent moon with five stars symbol on the top left side of his leather jacket. 

"I...I am sorry....I was informed to meet Mr. Edward..." I say hesitatingly.

"Yes...we were just discussing about your expulsion from this school." Mr. Edward says coldly.

"I..I seriously do not know what happened to me...a strange surge of energy crept all over me....it was not intentional." I say.

"Eddie....I do not have much time to keep arguing about this stupid issue and satisfy your ego...." Connor says seriously, clearly irritated.

"You don't talk to me like that in my own damn office!" Mr. Edward scoffs.

"And who do you think gave you this office?" Connor smirks.

Mr. Edward clenches his fists in anger and glares at me.

"You are seriously trying to save this stupid brat over here? The child of you best friends who cheated on yo-" Mr. Edward stops in middle when Connor glares at him darkening his gaze on Mr. Edward.

"Another word from that mouth of yours.....I will have to use all my influence and power to bring you down Eddie....Don't say a word against Scarlett or her family...." Connor says intensely.

Mr. Edward sweats and takes a few deep breaths immediately.

"Fine, I am letting her go for now.....Scarlett I will not expel you... but you will be receiving detention for starting a fight in the campus. Both of you get out now." Mr. Edward says.

"Better be in your limits...." Connor says and both of us walk out the door.

"Thank you.." I say.

"It's fine...you don't have to mention." Connor says.

"How do you know so much about my mom? Are you both friends?" I ask him.

"Well....yes....We knew each other since the age of seven." Connor says proudly.

Since the age of seven?? They are friends for almost three decades. He knows my mother for that long?

"Damnnnn....that's insane." I say.

"It is..." he says smiling.

"You know my father too?...Mr..." I say

"You can call me Connor. Your mom, dad and I are friends since young." Connor says.

As we walk down the corridors, all the students start gasping and murmuring when they Connor being so close to me.

Cana walks up to me and widens her eyes watching me stand next to Connor. 

"I guess you are fine now....I will talk to your mother that everything is sorted out and don't hesitate to contact me if anything happens. I will take care." Connor pats my head and leaves from that place. 

"Dudeee!! you know him??" Cana asks me in surprise.

"Yes...he is Connor right?" I say.

"Don't say casually...He is a really famous warrior all over the world...Mr. Connor Flames, the second in army. The person who is also called as LORD OF WEAPONS " she says in excitement.

"I didn't know he is that important." I say looking at Connor's back as he leaves.

Something about him makes me feel nervous. The way he intimidated Mr. Edward and made him look like an entire fool. And not to mention, he knows my mom dad the longest....but neither of my parents ever mentioned anything about him. It's so strange, he knows so much about me, but I know nothing about him. He has to answer many of my unanswered questions and as I keep thinking about the conversation we had earlier, I feel like Mr. Lord of weapons is going to be a major part of my life soon.........