CHAPTER 15 - THE POPULAR KID

The rest of  the day passes in a blink and I find myself at my home, exhausted. I go to my room and just throw my bag on the bed. My body aches from the fight and my mind wanders to Mr. Connor. He knew my mom and dad for years. But, there are few things that everyone are hiding from me. There was something that Mr. Edward was saying but Mr. Connor stopped him in middle as soon as he found out I was eavesdropping. What could it be? Did something happen between my parents and him? As I keep getting lost in my thoughts, Anne knocks on the door.

"Young mistress, Madam Frost and Young Master have arrived. They said they will have dinner  together." Anne says softly. 

Dinner with me? Why this sudden change? They are always busy in their works. How come they suddenly remember that there is something called "together"?

"I will come soon Anne." I sigh.

"Yes Young Mistress" Anne says.

I slowly get up and make my way to the bathroom. I remove my clothes and leave my hair open. I look through the mirror at my naked body. Even though Jasper hit me hard enough not a single mark is left on my body.

I turn on the shower and cold water runs down from my hair to my body. It feels so relaxing and I shower for a long time, cleaning away all the dirt and sweat from my body. I come out and wrap the towel around my body and open my closet to fine more new clothes. I sigh. I never had these many clothes when I was living in that town. But now, new clothes keep coming every once a week, and all are different styles. 

I just wear a simple white tee with track pants and dry my hair. I realize my hair has grown. It is reaching up to my lower back now. Sometimes, I am glad I got my mother's hair. My hair is same like hers, soft straight and easy to manage. I wonder why she cut it off. My mom used to have even longer hair that used to reach till her knees. I do a quick ponytail and head downstairs to the dining hall.

It's been days since I arrived in this house, but this is the first time we are eating together in this dining hall. It's very huge with chandeliers and paintings all around. A huge porcelain glass table, which is vintage style extending all the way to end with at least 20 seats. 

"Please take your seat, young mistress." Anne says.

"Thank you." I say and sit at one end of the dining table.

"Madam Frost and Young Master will be arriving soon."  Anne says and sets up the table with dishes and plates. 

Soon mom and Adam come downstairs, still wearing their uniforms. 

"Aren't you gonna change?" I ask them.

"Nope, we will be going to headquarters after dinner." Adam says sitting opposite to me beside mom.

"Is there any special occasion? You guys are having dinner at home" I say serving myself some fried chicken.

My mom sighs and gives me a look, through her green and blue eyes that still look beautiful with those scars. 

"What?" I ask.

"Aren't you gonna tell us what happened at your school?" Adam says.

"It's nothing important" I say blankly.

"Scarlett, you can say us what happened." my mom says softly.

"Why should I say when you already know everything from your best friend Mr. Connor?" I say not even looking at her.