Chapter 3

Jaybird breathed in deep and let out a sigh of relief, for that was too close. They had almost had the chance to remove her mask and see what she looks like underneath that mask. As if she didn't have a bigger burden on her shoulders than having to worry about a village that would've known about her identity. Pursuing her lips in disapproval after what had almost happened, she relaxed her grip on her staff and saw that it still was whole and didn't show any cracks this time. Which must've meant the wood she gathered was strong enough to withstand her angry grip whenever. "Wow," she muttered to herself as she looked at her staff in awe.

What is it Jaybird? asked Ivory as she continued to fly them straight through the clouds towards their destination.

"My staff seems to have a stronger wood within it than I imagined Ivory," Jaybird replied back looking at Ivory, who had tilted her head to one side to look at Jaybird from her left eye.

Hmmm... said Ivory staring at the staff then nodding her head and turned her attention back towards flying while saying Yah I have to agree with you on that highness. It appears that we have all made a new discovery on making stronger weapons.

"What did I say Ivory?" asked Jaybird sternly.

Sorry Jaybird but it is the Alpha's law, replied Ivory stubbornly before tilting herself to the left towards the direction of their home.

"Ugh," groaned Jaybird rolling her eyes before continuing "Do you think my dad has probably noticed that I didn't get home before he did?"

Well we were on that island for a while so I guess your father would've noticed by now, replied Ivory as she flapped her wings a few times to gain more speed and accuracy to get them higher in to the clouds to make them invisible to the human eye.

"Probably," agreed Jaybird.

Yah and then we will have to get another lecture from your father about staying too close to humans and having yourself almost falling to your death, Ivory pointed out while keeping her wings straight to allow Jaybird to climb on and do their usual routine of practicing new tricks with her staff and testing its usual limit.

"I am really dreading that right now but I know that he just wants to look out for me and not lose me just cause I'm a human," replied Jaybird walking on Ivory's right wing with her arms stretched out in order to get a perfect view of Ivory's claws.

Jaybird, it's not because of the fact that you are human you know, said Ivory making Jaybird stop in her tracks before looking oddly at Ivory before asking "What do you mean Ivory?"

Look, we were never supposed to tell you this but before you, we had another heir and the Alpha had a mate. Unfortunately, both of them died because of the Red Queen's recent raid against us and that left our Alpha heartbroken. Until we brought you along to challenge the Red Queen and Drago Bludvist. Since then the Alpha has been happy to have another heir to name to take care of his dragons when he is gone. It was as if the ancient dragons had brought you to him in order for your fate to be entwined with his to become our reigning Queen and savior, explained Ivory as she slowed her flying down when their home sanctuary came into view.

"Wow, I had no idea. I'm sorry Ivory," said Jaybird sadly as she sat kneeled down on the back of her dragon and patted Ivory on the back of the neck.

It's okay, we were ordered to never relay that story or ever talk about it ever again. It brings up bad memories for your father and he has been trying his hardest to keep you safe and someday you will have to take on the responsibility of an Alpha, remarked Ivory as she gestured for Jaybird to grab a hold of the other end of the hook while she grabbed one end of it in order for her to make a descent in front of her father, who was waiting outside the sanctuary for his daughter to come home.