Chapter 6

The Alpha rose up from the ground as Jaybird happily skittered to the ledge and bowed down to her father in a respectful manner. Jaybird, is this your biological brother? her father asked as he observed the awe-struck Hiccup.

He is father and he rides a dragon of his own, Jaybird replied to her father looking up to her dad.

I like him, he simply stated fogging his icy breath at Hiccup and lowering himself back down into the water.

Jaybird laughed and rose up from her bowing position and said "He like ya brother."

"Wow," Hiccup just said in awe as he rubbed out the foggy ice in his hair.

Smiling at him, Jaybird could definitely see the resemblance between the two of them. They both had their mothers eyes, they both made peace with the dragons, and they both ride Night Furies. But that won't be for long due to my duty as Princess of all Dragons, she thought mournfully as she looked to the opposite side of the sanctuary hiding her sad face from her brother.

"Jaybird? You all right sis?" Hiccup asked his sister concerned.

"Yah, just wondering what will happen now. Do you want to hear how I became who I am?" Jaybird asked her brother turning to face him, putting a small smile on her face.

"I've been asking that question in my mind since the moment I found out about you sis," Hiccup said teasingly making Jaybird laugh.

~~~

After Jaybird told her entire story to Hiccup, the dragons were becoming a hungry. "So you are supposed to be the next Alpha of all the dragons, but you are not. Why is that?" Hiccup asked.

"Because my time is not yet Hiccup. It doesn't work like that. My father still lives and if I was to become Alpha, I would have to challenge him and I wouldn't do that," Jaybird replied.

"Wait your father is the Alpha?" Hiccup asked once again.

"Yeah, he protects us as the Alpha should. With his icy breath, my father built this nest that is my kingdom and a safe haven for dragons everywhere," Jaybird replied gesturing to the icy pillars all around with her staff and hand.

"Wait a minute, that's the ice spitter we heard about. He is responsible for the trapper's destruction?"

"Brother, he protects us. But yes, he does so in order to keep all the dragons safe. We all live under his care and his command," his sister replied wisely while looking at him with a smile.

Baby dragon sounds were heard not far from where the two of them still stood and they turned to see a group of baby Scuttleclaws nagging at Toothless cause they had never seen him before. "All but the babies of course," said Jaybird with a knowing look before signaling to Ivory to help Toothless.

Ivory gladly complied and scared them off only to have them fly over to her father and land on different parts of his face while licking him. "Who, listen to no one," continued Jaybird in a chuckling manner smiling even bigger.

Hiccup laughed along with her and just looked at his older sister, who was the same height as him, and smiled. Finally he had found someone who can understand what it's like to be pressured into taking leadership. Jaybird turned to him and asked "Hiccup, are you hungry?"

"Why yah, sure I could eat," Hiccup replied knowing that he ate little breakfast this morning when his father announced that he was going to make Hiccup the new chief of Berk.

"Well that's good, cause it's feeding time baby brother," Jaybird said amusingly before walking over to Ivory and lead them out of the icy heaven on a flight to their special place where all the fish could be found.