thief

Drannus was annoyed.

No. Well more than annoyed. They just didn't quite know the word yet.

After a day of tormenting random mortals to cause a little bit of mayhem - just some good old-fashioned mischief - they had arrived back at their temporary space to find nothing.

Nothing!

Their personal belongings - which consisted of at least fifty lava lamps, a beach chair and one singular desk - were gone.

Someone had stolen from them.

Mad.

They were mad. Upset?

So now they were at camp, not a place they quite wanted to be, but they were at camp. It was nighttime, so not many people were awake.

The only person they'd seen so far - and scared off - was Dranne. He was just... loitering at the campfire, staring at it and noticed Drannus - and then promptly took off. Considering the last interaction they'd had was five years ago when Dranne wasn't dead... It didn't surprise them.

In fact, they were glad Dranne was afraid of them. Probably. Drannus wasn't too good with the whole 'identifying' feelings thing.

They were getting distracted. There was a thief running amok. Not very many people knew where Drannus resided, and the only people who did were at this stupid camp, full of stupid mortals who think they can fight and be happy.

Doom passed by the graveyard to Xylo's residence, stopping for a moment to remember the fallen. Granted, they were probably responsible for at least two of the deaths and they didn't actually feel anything but pride over it but regardless. They stopped and stared.

They looked at Dranne's statue the longest.

Dranne had tried to get it removed but the counsellors argued that his mortal body had died (and should have stayed dead, in their opinion), so they kept it. Drannus actually had been spying on the conversation at the time.

So the fire spirit had at least tried to decorate it, with the help of the other resident spirit; Nero.

That had been somewhat entertaining and generally annoying to find out Nero had died again. Drannus went through the effort to get them a new body and they threw it away.

The spirits had decorated with flowers and trinkets from around the camp, adding whatever Dranne's forge-brother had decided to make for fun.

Dranne's statue looked stupid, in their opinion.

They walked on through to Xylo's house, peering into the windows in search for their missing lava lamps. Unfortunately the only light source was candles.

It would be unfortunate if one tipped over, but Doom found they didnt have the energy to cause destruction in their wake.

Onwards.

Who else?

Drannus continued walking around camp, avoiding the Seductive Rose's lair, and eventually concluded there were no lava lamps except the ones they had graciously donated throughout their visits.

They knew they were being watched, after all, Doom had been wandering rather aimlessly just sneaking glances into people's cabins for the last few hours.

Did people think they were a threat?

Because they definitely should.

Drannus is a threat.

They grumbled as they reached the docks for the third time, deciding to sit just on the edge. They remember the first time they'd ever been here.

Drannus had found the Seductive Rose pieces and gently persuaded (threatened) Dranne to re-forge the spirit. Knowing what had transpired afterwords, they would definitely rethink it.

Sure, Rosie did cause a lot of Doom in at least two people.

But they were always going off and losing. Which was not entertaining.

"Dr- Drannus?"

The vaguely familiar voice caused them to roll their eyes, "What?"

Dranne floated a little bit from Drannus, "What are you doing here? I thought you lost-"

"Lost? I don't lose."

The fire spirit hesitated, "You seem lost right now."

Doom couldn't help but laugh, "Nonsense. I know everything." Except who robbed them.

"Then why are you here?" He asked, floating slightly closer to the god.

"Can't I just visit?"

"No. You never do anything without a reason."

True. Maybe the puppet did learn something.

"I am looking for something." They stood up, watching Dranne float away from them, "Something of mine."

Then it occurred to them, no one in camp was foolish enough to offend Drannus, "Have you seen of my Sister recently?" They asked Dranne, stepping closer.

"Elpis?"

"Yes, that's the one. Them. Have you?" They were very close.

He shook his head, "Not since they... um.."

"Resurrected you?" They growled, "Yes, I know."

Dranne flinched, but didn't float away, "You cant-"

"I'm not here to wreak havoc on this damn place." They stated, very calmly in their opinion (a very skewed opinion), "My earthly possessions are missing and I will get them back."

"What?" Dranne sounded incredulous, "Elpis stole something from you? That's it?"

"Presumedly so."

It was Dranne's turn to laugh, "What am I so afraid of you for?" The question was rhetorical, of course, but Drannus felt offended that he wasn't afraid.

"I hope you find it, I guess..." Dranne said before Drannus got the chance to yell.

Doom huffed, conceding, "I will. Or else."

Drannus took off into the air.

They had an Elpis to find.