ice cream

"I don't see why I had to come with you." Eden huffed, walking in between their 'enemies', Devin and Michael.

"Because," the god slayer grinned, "Who doesn't like ice cream?"

"I don't."

Devin shook his head, "Ice cream is universal, everyone likes it."

Eden wasn't getting out of this, probably for the better anyway. If they had been left alone in Divinus Magia, there likely would have been no Divinus to come home to.

Michael skipped forward a few steps, noticing the ice cream parlour in the distance, "What flavour are we getting?"

"Hm," Devin stopped walking, "Ritchie said his favourite was strawberry, so I'm getting that." He smiled brightly and continued walking.

Eden rolled their eyes, "Think for yourself."

"I am, thank you very much" The imagination mage gently pushed Eden.

Michael hummed in thought, "Chocolate. It's the best flavour."

The trio continued walking for a few more moments, almost at the ice cream parlour before Devin stopped walking again, causing Michael and Eden to bump into him.

"Devin," Eden grumbled, "Will you stop doing that."

"What flavour are you going to get?" He asked, pointedly ignoring their demand.

Michael nodded, "Yeah, Eden, what are you getting?"

They shrugged, "I already told you, I dont-"

"Like ice cream." Michael and Devin mimicked. The pair giggled.

Eden glared daggers at them,"I hate you both. I'm leaving." They turned to leave, taking a few steps before being grabbed by one of Michael's shadows. "Fine," they lamented, "I don't know what flavour."

Michael brought them back over and dropped the shadows, "You read vanilla."

"I was thinking mint." Devin said, pushing them to the parlour.

Eden looked over at the options, "I'll just get both." They sighed. Michael and Devin looked pleased.

Michael ordered the trio their ice cream and then stood to the side, waiting for it to be ready.

"Did I really have to come here with you two?" Eden asked, standing off slightly from the other two. It's not that they particularly cared about the pair (definitely not, never in the world) but they were being very weird about it.

Devin smiled, "You're one of us, Eden."

"Even if you drag your feet about it."

Oh.

That's kind of sweet.

Ambition scowled, "Sure."

"Order for Seabrooks!" The parlour attendee called.

They trotted over and took their respective ice cream and thanked the attendant, tipping them on the way out.

"I've not had ice cream in years," Michael lamented, "been so busy with all the events that've been happening."

Eden rolled their eyes, "Being turned into a spirit does that." They had yet to taste their ice cream, waiting for when Devin and Michael weren't paying attention to them.

"Hey, that was your fault-"

"Enough, guys." Devin sighed, nibbling his ice cream.

Michael looked at Devin, his face scrunching in minor disgust, "How can you do that? It's so... eck."

"What, bite it?"

"Yeah!"

With the pair going off into some argument, Eden decided to try their ice cream. The mint scoop was nice, not too strong mint but enough to settle into a nice aftertaste. The vanilla empowered the mint with its sweetness, despite it being a basic flavour.

Eden liked it.

"Eden! Tell Michael I'm not weird-"

"You are, accep-"

Eden huffed, "We are all weird."

Devin whined, "No I'm not."

The trio stared at each other, a silent argument. Eventually Devin sighed in defeat, "Yeah I am..."

Michael grinned, winning the argument.

"Eden?"

"Devin."

The mage smiled, "How's your ice cream?"

"It's fine, I suppose."