II

Temporary recruit

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇/𝐂-𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

        ──▹The five stood on the roof of some building, the color of the sky a dark shade of blue. The cold wind of the night blew, silence being the only sound at the moment.

"So--- superheroes, huh?" Y/N muttered, trying to sound scary--or, at least brave, eyeing the four. Internally, she was freaking out more than Agent Colson was freaking out internally when he finally got to talk to Steve Rogers. "Names, again?"

The teen had waited all day, somehow skipped school with her Oscar-winning acting (iykyk), called anyone and everyone, schemed an escape plan, which was basically running, and... here they were now.

"Uh, I'm---" the blue-masked turtle pointed to himself, slightly nervous.

"Why should we tell you?" His brother interrupted, pointing accusingly at the girl.

"Because--- I'd..." Y/N paused, wondering what she was supposed to say while holding them at gunpoint. She didn't exactly recall doing something like this before--- not- not with an actual gun, at least. It was a water gun. "Because of... this gun?"

"Do you really think that's a good enough reason for us to tell you who we are?" The grumpy one asked again. His expression showed many things. One of them was how he was internally thinking about chucking
Y/N off the roof. And another one was how he was still not convinced.

The girl squinted her eyes at him, her head trying to scheme a plan as soon as possible. "I think you're... cool?"

That was the right move- she watched as his eyes widen slightly. She glanced at the other two, their expressions seemingly the same.

"Like, really!" She pushed on with that, eyeing their faces carefully. "I'd love to know the names of... the four awesome, oh, so handsome and skilled warrior turtles who'd tried to save my friends and faile--"

"What?"

"Tried to save my friends! And, man, did they try ha-- so, hard! Like, oh my, that's dedication! Seriously, you guys worked so hard! I was- I was in... tears!"

She meant all that. Part of it. Probably.

The four stare at her. Was that somehow a big ego boost? Yes, perhaps. Was anybody gonna admit it though? What the--- no???

"Alright!" Mikey said, pointing to each of his brothers. "There's Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and I'm---"

"Mikey," she mumbles, letting him know she knew his name.