XIV

Ratchet's Had Enough

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐬. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲.

        ──▹Love has its stages too. They go by, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Usually, this is the order it follows but, sometimes, due to reluctance or guilt of the heart, people go through these phases... starting from the opposite direction. Therefore, it goes as-

"Acceptance, Depression, Bargaining, Anger and Denial. Important piece of information, prepare to see purple for the next few months."

Caroline once more, stared in a random direction of her room, that one direction through which you're seeing this scene in your head.

Ethan was screaming into a pillow, each sound filled with agony and rage.

Y/N stood at the open window, contemplating the fracture her bones would be rewarded at the fall.

All this, over unwanted feelings.

"Now, you see," Caroline whispered, still staring dead in that same direction. "That, reversed goes A, D, B, A, D. And guess, who's initials A and D are- Yellow t-shirt girl and Purple! Then, there's the B.A.D! BAD. Do I even need to explain tha-!?"

"Sorry- you- LIKE THAT- that- DONATELLO TURTLE?!?" Ethan finally took a break from his screamfest- well, not really, now, he was screaming at his H/C-haired best friend. "EWWWW-"

"Oh, my," Y/N sighed, covering her face as she turned around. "Calm down, Ethan, you're overreacting."

Caroline finally turned to the two again, eyes slightly wide.

"He's overreacting but she's definitely underreacting."

"THAT MAN- no- TURTLE- SPITS WHEN HE TALKS! HE HAS A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT!" He accused, earning a doubtful look from both the girls, making him pause for a minute. "So what, if I've never talked to him??"

"Guys, listen," the H/C-haired teen ignored Ethan's accusations and insults and tried to-

Caroline threw herself into her. "It's okay, Y/N. You're in love, there's nothing wrong with that."

The said girl didn't reply to those theatrical words. But, both Caroline and Ethan, much to one's joy and the other's dismay, heard the faint agreement that went, "Sure."

Acceptance!

But, that was five days, five days of stares and doting smiles which, quite fortunately, went unnoticed, ago and did things change already or-?