Chapter 11: Confusion

MAHEEN KHAN'S POV;

He seems a bit surprised by my response to his answer but hey, I don't blame him - even I feel the same.

It's not that I absolutely despise him and would not want to go with him at all but it's the fact that I never realised that I like him.

Correction - I love him.

The way he is, the way he acts, the way he looks and his personality.

Every single aspect of him is absolutely gorgeous - for me, he is perfect.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you earlier, but you know how you bought me a Coke because of our argument and you wanted to make it up to me. I realised that I was being so dominant and rude towards you that I have to apologise to you sincerely. I am so sorry, Mahi. I genuinely am." Kaleem says to me. "Even though what you have given me was a small can of coke, I am grateful don't get me wrong but I bought you a hot chocolate."

Omg I'm charmed.

"Thank you so much for apologising and realising your mistake and it's okay, I forgive you," I say to him accepting his apology, " As it is really late now, I think we should head back home before anyone notices that we're both gone."

"Yeah that's a good idea, we should head back now." He says as he agrees with me.

AT HOME

"Alright I'm feeling really tired so I'll head to my room now, see you tomorrow." He says to me before walking off.

I better catch some rest too.

I turn around to head towards the stairs to my bedroom before I hear,

"What do you think you're doing?" Noor api questions me passive aggressively. "You told Mum you were going to get milk."

"Omg no! It's not what it looks like, I promise! Also, FYI I did actually get milk. " I say to Noor api scared that she might snitch on me.

(For Your Information)

After all, she is the eldest and is most likely to do so.

She didn't look very convinced so I explain the whole thing to her on the way to my bedroom.

"Listen Maheen. I can understand this but you need to remember that you have to keep it halal. And imagine if anyone else had saw you go out with him at this time alone, you would've been finished. Anyways about your prom thing, I'm sure that Ami and Abu would rather have you go with Kaleem over some random boy in your year that they've never met and if they don't I'll find a way to convince them. But from now on be careful, it's getting late so I'm going back to bed. Tum bhi soh jaane jaldi." Noor api tells me calmly.

(You should also go to sleep quickly.)

She was right.

Well, I'm glad that she cleared up my confusion.

Wait.

I have to tell both Kareem and Khalid that I'm not going with them - I hope they don't take it personally.

Brushing off my thoughts, I lie in my bed.

BUZZ! BUZZ!

I grab my phone from my bedside table and check the notification, turns out uni is cancelled for tomorrow until Friday but Fourth Year Prom is still on.

NOOO!

That makes matters even worse than before.

I have to now text both of them and explain everything then I have to make sure that Kaleem knows I've rejected them and then we both have to buy new clothes for the Fourth Year Prom and I have to inform the university that I'm going with someone out of my school year.

That's so much to deal with on my plate.

I think it's best to sleep on it now.

I love sleep.

I'm trying to have at least 8 hours of sleep everyday - my biology lectures taught me well —> it's good for the body and your own mental health and gives you that positive mindset.

(A/N : Information stated above may be inaccurate but somewhat right, it's important to sleep on time and for the right amount of time.)

I turn to put my phone back on my nightstand.

As I was reaching to put it down, my hand brushed against something prickly.

"Ouch!" I scream loudly.

What was that??

————————————————————————————
Hey readers, I hope you enjoyed this small chapter.

Don't forget to vote.

and thank you <3