Chapter 1 : A Fresh Beginning

Buzz! Buzz!

"Who is it now?" I ask myself upset after having my beauty sleep disturbed by my phone.

Annoyed, I pick up my phone from my white marble nightstand and check to see what nuisance had disturbed my crucial slumber.

Oh.

It was a voice note from my best friend, Jannah.

I'll let it slide.

'Maheen Khan where are you, uni literally starts in 20 minutes, you just left me like a loner.'

What?

I was never ever late to school before, what happened to me now?

Oh yeah.

Haha.

I was staying up last night studying and preparing for the exam that I have today in last period.

Wait!

WHAT?!

TODAY!

UGH!

I must've been so tired from doing all that revision last night that I completely forgot to set an alarm for myself to wake up in the morning.

Why couldn't Jannah have messaged me earlier?

I rush to get out of my comfy king sized bed and head straight towards my walk in closet and chose an outfit to wear to university.

I chose a simple yellow dress that had ruffles on it's sleeves and hem. With it, I wore a matching yellow dupatta that my Abbu had bought for me from Karachi when he had attended one of his business meetings.

(Abbu - dad)

I brushed my hair really quickly and smoothly getting all the tangles out of it. I decided to leave my hair down straight today especially considering the fact that I had no time to do anything with it.

I put on some simple, yet gorgeous gold hoop earrings and wore a golden watch which was embedded with beautiful diamonds on my left hand and wore a tiara-shaped ring on my right hand.

I love that ring.

I always wear that ring, I don't know where it came from and who it came from but what I do know, is that without it, I would be lost.

It was like a part of me.

I didn't apply any makeup whatsoever because I didn't feel the need to, especially after waking up late, that would be too risky and make me even more late to uni.

I slid down the banister of my dual staircase in a rush and head straight to the kitchen without wasting any more time.

I only ate an apple for breakfast because I practically had no time to have a meal at home and to be honest, I just wasn't in the mood for more anyways.

Fortunately, I had already packed my bag last night otherwise it would have taken me ages to find the right books for the day.

Unfortunately, no one was home to give me a lift.

So that meant I had to walk to university.

It was only 15 minutes of a walk, so I would still have 5 minutes to spare.

I'll manage... somehow and if I'm lucky enough I might just have some time to grab a hot chocolate, it's my favourite drink of all time and I could buy a drink for Jannah to make it up for leaving her by herself in uni.