Chapter 4: Start of a New Journey

HALF AN HOUR LATER:

"Alright that's enough studying - I'm definitely prepared for the exam," I reassure myself silently so I don't look like an idiot to all the other people in the library which is conveniently five minutes away from Islamabad's University.

I divert my attention onto my phone and look through the piles of notifications I have - most of them from Ami.

(Ami - Mum)

Wait.

What's this school email on my phone?

WAIT WHAT???

EXAM CANCELLED!!!

...yay...hehe...

I'm happy about it but also very disappointed because I spent so long revising for it but Thank God that stress is officially out of my way.

Seeing I have no reason to be at school anymore, I decide to leave until another notification from the school board appears on my phone.

"Fourth Year Prom - only a week to go to find your outfits and dates whilst we plan the start of your fates."

Cringe ass posts - school really thinks they be doing suttin cool, smh.

(SMH - shake my head - disappointment)

I'm going prom dress shopping with my Ami this weekend in Multan so I can wear it to the event - can't wait for the car ride so I can blast my tunes, it's been a minute.

(Ami - Mum)

As for dates, everyone in our school has to be with someone and if you don't find anyone to go with, you're automatically paired up with someone.

This is because the school plans performances and you have to be with someone so we get to pick but if we don't get somebody then we end up with someone random who also got nobody.

I for one don't want to be paired up with a random.

I just wanna be with the dreamiest guy in my year
- well at least for me...

You guessed it, the one and only;Kareem Shah.

But I don't wanna make it look like I'm desperate...

Oh who am I kidding, I totally most definitely am head over heels for him.

It's like my stomach is out here somersaulting and doing top level gymnastics purely because of him and only him.

After realising I was distracted from leaving the school library, I put my laptop in my bag and put the book back onto the shelf behind me.

I turn around to zip up my bag but it looks like I've got myself a visitor... or a stalker.

Stupid idiot - almost made me scream in the library.

...made me scream

mmm

I like the sound of that

Astagfirullah!

I need to bleach my brain
- my thoughts need some deep cleansing.

KAREEM SHAH'S POV:

Maheen turns around looking as magnificent as ever.

Her long locks were out just reaching her waist.
Her smile was lit up really bright; bright enough to light up the whole room.

She looked really beautiful, so beautiful that I was so tempted to let my unforgiving and very concerning thoughts take over me - I know that I have to control myself.

"Ma Sha Allah" I whisper quietly so only I can hear myself speak about the beauty that has captured my eyes for eternity.

(Ma Sha Allah - a phrase that is used to express a feeling of awe or beauty regarding an event or person that was just mentioned.)

"I-uh- bought you some hot chocolate!" I said enthusiastically and really quickly.

Well done Kareem Shah - you couldn't build up the courage to ask out the love of your life.

Thank God I had actually bought a hot chocolate for her otherwise I would've looked like the biggest idiot on the whole planet.

I had overheard her conversation in the morning with her friend; they were talking about how the only thing she gets from The Cosy Cafe is hot chocolate because it's her favourite drink ever.

She must surely be obsessed with it...

For now...

until I make her obsessed with me.

mmm

I like the sound of that.

Astagfirullah!

"So are you going to hand me my hot chocolate or not?" She questions breaking me out of my trance.

I handed it to her, being careful not to drop it, and butterflies swarmed all around my stomach because of the fact that our hands had accidentally brushed against each other.

"Uhh- The project's in for tomorrow now, so I was wondering if you want to come over to my house, just for a bit, you know, if you want to. Just to do the project!" I say to her.

I messed up again.

At least I can ask her when she's at mine
- if she does even accept to come over.

She starts neatly writing something down on a small piece of paper whilst cutely sipping on her hot chocolate.

She looked so beautiful; she was just perfect.

She hands the note to me and wears her bag and smiles at me before leaving the library.

Mustering up the courage, I take a deep breath and finally decide to open up the paper and read what she had wrote inside it.

It said...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hope you're all engaged well into this story. Don't forget to comment and vote - I would really appreciate it as being a first time writer.

I'm honestly not feeling that committed to it yet but I always keep my mind on it and think of ideas/things to write about.

So I might start uploading less chapters a week for now as I'm so busy with Ramadan and with Eid coming up.

Also, Ramadan Mubarak !!

Thanks for giving my story a chance once again and please do not be shy in giving me any  suggestions or other ideas.

and thank you <3