Chapter 9: Finding the Solution

I had to shift my focus to the most important problem first.

First off, I go to the canteen and order Kaleem's favourite drink - Coca Cola.

A bit boring but hey, if he likes it, then I like it.

I go to the same spot where he said he would come to pick me up and I wait there for him.

He arrives with the car and still doesn't spare me a single glance - I regret what I did.

Trying my best to hide my smirk, I hover his drink low so he had absolutely no chance of seeing it.

I sit in the car just about to greet him but he interrupts me and says, "Seatbelt on, I haven't got time for this."

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

the floor maybe..

"Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my behaviour earlier, I was being immature but you would understand that since you're way more mature than me, please forgive me." I sincerely apologise to him.

I can't lie, a simple sorry from me would've been enough for him but I need to show him that I actually care for him the same way he cares for me.

"Yeah, I forgive you but hey I'm not way maturer than you. That makes me feel old." He says with a hint of sarcasm to lighten up the mood making us both forget the original problem in the first place. "I'm only three years older Mahi."

"Whatever... Here you go, I bought this for you, it's not much but I think you deserve this" I say as I hand him his drink.

He was shocked.

The excitement on his face was indescribable.

Guess he didn't expect it.

*mentally pats myself on the back*

"Thanks Mahi. I love y.." He begins to say before he takes a slight accidental pause. He coughs to cover it up and finishes his sentence with "I love coca-cola."

Weird.

Whatever..

"Umm just to make sure, you know how our bond is really strong, I can tell you anything, right?" I ask him before continuing to talk after receiving his nod, "Some stuff kinda happened in university, regarding the..uh...event and I need to talk to you about it when we get home...You know, if you don't mind."

"I'm always here for you Mahi and you know you can talk to me about anything. I promise we'll talk about it at home." He responds respectfully to me.

KALEEM SHAH'S POV:

For the rest of the drive, I kept thinking about what she wanted to talk about...

...except from when I almost told her that I loved her

I know it's important but it's not the right time maybe after she finishes university by then I can figure out whether she actually wants me to become her shohar in real life or not.

(shohar - husband)

We arrive home and I tell her to talk to me after we have our dinner.

She arrives in the dining room and just like before, the only spare seat available was the one right next to me.

This time I had made sure to slightly tug it so it would be closer to me and luckily today, she didn't show me any attitude and peacefully sat beside me.

She looked really cute with her hair down and clips on the side of her hair that were shaped like roses and her simple yet beautiful red dress.

The thoughts I had thought of after seeing her like this was unimaginable - thank God that mind readers don't exist, otherwise I would probably be taken to a mental asylum in no time.