S2: E2 7.1

"You ever feel like you missed your calling, Cap?" Chimney glanced at Bobby.

"What are you thinking? Michelin rated restaurant or short order cook?" Bobby looked at Chimney amused.

"I was thinking TV chef. I mean, what you do, it's like performance art." Chimney went back to eating.

"Mmhmm, and much like watching cooking on TV, we never get to taste anything. Usually by time it hits the table, the bell goes off." Hen chuckled going over to Chimney.

"Knock on wood." Griffin knocked on the bench.

"All right, speed round. If you weren't doing this, what would you be doing?" Bobby smiled at the three.

"Fighter pilot. Topgun. Call sign Shogun." Chimney smiled and Hen laughed.

"What about you Hen?" Bobby chuckled at Chimney.

"Editorial cartoonist, The New Yorker. I have a lot to say." Hen defended her decision.

"You draw?" Bobby frowned surprised.

"No, it's a dream. It's not supposed to be attainable. Topgun? You can barely drive you rebar head." Hen laughed at Chimney who gave her an offended look.

"Grif?" Bobby looked at her for her answer.

"Um..I mean, I've never really thought about it. I..." Griffin searched for an answer.

"It can be literally anything." Chimney prompted.

"I'm good at art..?" Griffin shrugged at them.

"All right, Buckaroo. If you were not a member of the LAFD, what would you be doing?" Chimney looked at Buck as he walked over.

"Uh, I don't know. I'm not getting fired, am I?" Buck frowned at them.

"That's inevitable." Chimney glanced at Bobby and Griffin elbowed him.

"He'd be a golden retriever." Hen watched Buck.

"No, a bartender. No, no, no, bouncer at a bar." Chimney dismissed Hen's idea.

"A bouncer at a strip club." Hen laughed with Chimney.

"What's going on with you, kid?" Bobby looked at Buck.

"Just traffic sucks in this town unless you're driving ten tons of engine with sirens. It took me almost two hours to get from Abby's place to the call center downtown, then back over here. Just told Maddie she needs to start Ubering." Buck looked at them.

"That's why you asked me to pick you up this morning? Because Buck was driving your sister?" Hen frowned at Griffin.

"Didn't want to risk being late." Griffin shrugged slightly.

"How's your sister settling in down there?" Bobby watched Buck, glancing at Griffin.

"Well, she's a Buckley. Practically running the place." Buck grinned, making Hen and Chimney take their plates to the table.

* A Couple Hours Later *

Griffin was walking down the stairs when the building started shaking like mad.

"Grif!" Chimney ran over carefully, helping her onto the flat floor as Hen helped Eddie and Bobby went to Buck.

"Thanks." Griffin nodded to Chimney in appreciation.

"You okay?" Chimney watched her concerned.

"Yep. You?" Griffin sighed in relief as the earthquake stopped slowly.

"Yeah." Chimney nodded.

"Everyone okay?" Bobby looked around at everyone as the twins shared a nod.

"We're good, Cap." Hen gave Bobby a nod of reassurance.