S3: E4 Triggers

"God, I hate fire drills." Hen looked at Eddie in annoyance.

"City mandates we do them every three years. Can't fight city hall." Eddie shrugged at Hen.

"Wait, so you and Grif, seriously didn't even kiss on your first date?" Hen changed the subject.

"You do remember I didn't ask her out? We did it as part of a deal with Buck. It wasn't an actual date." Eddie shook his head at Hen.

"Well, you should ask her out on an actual date. You both know that you have feelings for each other. What's stopping you?" Hen gave Eddie a look.

"First alarm was triggered at 12:20, call came in 30 seconds later, boots down and hoses out at 12:43." Bobby looked at his tablet.

"That's what?" Eddie walked over to Buck as Chimney and Griffin got the hose sorted.

"4 minutes over our alloted response time." Bobby glanced at them.

"Ouch. That's gonna cost us some points." Chimney glanced at Griffin.

"Somebody's gonna have to explain that to the new fire marshal." Hen turned to Bobby along with Eddie and Chimney.

"Well, you are the Captain." Griffin gave Bobby a smile.

"There was a stalled bus blocking both directions on Grand, vehicles couldn't clear a path, which delayed our arrival." Bobby walked inside with the fire marshal.

"And yet the 144 managed to respond in under 6 minutes. That is a full 17 minutes before the 118." Buck smiled at Bobby with his clipboard.

"The 144 is 5 blocks away." Bobby gave Buck a frustrated look.

"I hear you, Bobby, I do. And...and I want to help. I've got to be impartial here, you know? If I'm gonna do this kind of light duty, I've got to take it seriously. Gotta be strictly by the book, how you want me to be." Buck reassured Bobby.

"For what it's worth, I'm proud of you. Glad you didn't throw away your career just cause you had a little setback." Bobby gave Buck a nod.

"Well, if I've learnt one thing from that tsunami it's that I don't quit. I fight. I'm gonna keep on fighting until I get back to where I belong, with my team putting out fake fires like this one." Buck smiled at Bobby happily.

"You're enjoying this way to much." Bobby had to try hard not to smile.

"Be careful not to log jam at the stairwells. Or I'll have to...ugh.." Buck followed after Bobby.

"You know, you could always ask Eddie out on a proper date." Chimney looked at Griffin.

"It's not the right time. I'm busy helping the kids get over the tsunami and if I'm not doing that or working, I'm checking up on Buck." Griffin shrugged at Chimney.

"That's exactly why you need to go on a date with him. To relax. Maddie and I.." Chimney tried to persuade her.

"No. I'm sorry. You're free to come visit the kids whenever you want and spend time with them. But Maddie isn't going anywhere near them, unless I am there." Griffin shook her head.

"I thought you guys made up." Chimney frowned at her words.

"We did. But the only kids she's properly taken care of, are Buck and myself. Though, technically just Buck, you know, we never had that good of a relationship. I don't want the kids to get attached." Griffin reassured Chimney.

"You think Maddie's going to hurt them or leave again? Maddie wouldn't do that." Chimney shook his head in denial.

"That's what I thought every time she did just that in the past. I had nobody to protect me from it, but I can protect my kids from it." Griffin watched Chimney having had enough of the conversation as they got to the bottom of the stairwell just in time to see everyone fall over like the domino effect.