S2: E4 Stuck

"LAFD step back." Bobby looked at the small crowd of people.

"Please help me! Please help me! Someone help me, please!" A man yelling caught their attention.

"Woah. Whatever you do, brother, don't suck in that gut." Chimney looked up at the man.

"How we doing George?" Bobby looked down at him as they stood on the roof.

"I can't...I can't feel my legs. And I think my ankles broken." George looked up at them.

"Sir, you have any idea how long you've been down there?" Hen looked over the edge.

"I saw the sun come up." George wasn't sure exactly how long he'd been there.

"Well, he's wedged in there pretty good." Buck glanced at Bobby.

"How's your breathing?" Hen went back to George.

"I can't really take a deep breath." George's voice was shaking.

"Hey, George, can..can you show us how high up you can reach? If we can drop you a line, we may be able to pull you up." Buck looked back at him.

"Nice and slow, George." Hen watched him carefully.

"Okay, no, that's enough. George, just hang in there. We are going to get you out safely, okay?" Griffin winced as he tried reaching up but fell more.

"Please hurry." George frowned up at them.

"There is no way we are pulling him up out of there. It would be impossible to get him up." Griffin looked at them, shaking her head at Bucks idea.

"You're right." Bobby gave a nod of confirmation.

"What are you thinking, Cap?" Chimney looked at Bobby.

"We'll have to get him from below. There's apartment buildings across from us." Bobby turned to Chimney.

"Sounds good to me." Buck nodded along.

"Grif, you stay here, keep talking to him. Use your gift of positivity and calmness." Bobby reassured her and she nodded.

"Wait! Where are they going?" George looked up at Griffin.

"It's okay, George, you don't need to worry. We know how to get you out. It is the safest way. It shouldn't take too long, you've just got to hold on a little bit longer." Griffin smiled down at him as Hen and Eddie watched from the window across from Griffin.

George started panicking when he felt the drill near his legs.

"A little high boss, one second." Hen grabbed her radio.

"Someone get me out of here!" George was panicking even more.

"George. George! Look at me! I promise you, that you are going to be okay, alright? We may have gotten a little close, but at least you know we are working on getting you out of there. You've just got to keep breathing nice and easy. Just stay calm. Everything is going to be okay. All right? Don't worry about what they're doing. Focus entirely on me. You think you can do that?" Griffin climbed onto the edge so he could see her better.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay." George nodded slightly looking up at her.

"Griffin." Hen looked at her alarmed.

"It's fine. I'm fine." Griffin reassured Hen.

"So, what exactly happened?" Griffin watched him.

"These stupid kids...always come and vandalised the property..I'm a security guard. I chased them..but I didn't quite make the jump." George winced in pain.