Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Lackeys
&
Omake: Kronos

Jack's P.O.V

What does a C.E.O., mafia boss and any person in a position of power has?

Lackeys!

Some have few others have many, but they all have lackeys!

Now that I am in a position of power, I too need some lackeys to do my dirty work and hopefully some paperwork if I get some in the future.

So here I am in an abandoned town in the middle of nowhere, location? Somewhere between America and Mexico.

And honestly, it is boring.

Kids, don't believe the movies as they lie about how cool it is to recruit someone. At least from what I'm experiencing as it is basically me interviewing random dudes or ladies.

There are a few candidates that seems like a good choice but can't be too sure.

One of them, interestingly enough was Deathstroke.

"So, What is one of the most infamous mercenary doing here in this lovely town?"

An I pointed to the surrounding of the worn down town as on of the building suddenly collapses.

"Sorry!"

One of the larger possible recruits shouted.

"It's all good! I don't own this town!"

Turning back towards Deathstroke to hear his answer but in all honesty I'm still hiring either way, only a fool would turn away someone like deathstroke.

"None of your business"

Good enough. Offering him one of the 'Devil's Contract'.

"Here are the terms"

1. The hired individual will be paid the agreed amount at the end of the Month.

2. All Equipment will be given by the hiring faction.

3. The hired individual will be required to protect the hiring faction.

4. The hired individual is not allowed to break or terminate the contract.

5. During the contract, the hired individual is not allowed to give any valuable information by the hiring party.

"Sign their and the contract is finished"

From one mask to another, he look straight towards me which is rather unnerving

"500k"

"300k"

"450k"

"350k and that's final"

The masked man growled. He fuc**Ng growled like an animal. That some horrifying sh** right there but he signed nonetheless.

Looking towards the remaining candidates and feeling a tad bit bored.

Sigh... Looks like it will be a long this should have made this more exclusive. Well lesson learned.

6 hours later

Out of the 76 candidates, I hired 7.

Deathstroke, An armoured man with a skull helmet with one half coloured orange with the other black.

A master assassin and a skilled mercenary. And he by a large margin is probably the most reliable one here.