Chapter 5

**Larissa POV**
My life is over. Well, maybe I'm being a little over dramatic, but it is. I can't see or talk to Kyle anymore. Mom still has my phone and Caitlin won't let me use hers. And I can't use Aria's because well, I'm grounded.

Meaning I go to school, come home and that's it. I have extra chores and mom made me get extra credit to stay busy. If you ask me, I think it's unfair. Age shouldn't matter. It's not like we're a couple or anything..

I was laying in my bed. It was Saturday and I was getting ungrounded tomorrow. Hopefully..
"Larissa! Breakfast!" Caitlin yelled.
I ran downstairs , and trust me I mean ran. I could smell the pancakes and bacon all the way upstairs. Which only meant REALLY good news.
"Goodmorning sweetie." My mom said as I sat down.
"Hey mom, so what's the good news?" I asked gulping down my orange juice.
"We are going on vacation!" She said practically screaming.
"Mom, that's not unusual we go almost every summer." Caitlin said.
Mom was the type to get excited over yarn. So it wouldn't surprise me if our vacation was just grandma's house.
"I know, but we are going to Paris!" Mom shouted.
I nearly choked on my pancakes Caitlin screamed and when I could breathe again, I did too.
"PARIS?!" Caitlin and I shouted in unison.
Mom nodded her head.
Paris...

**Later that day**
We were planning on leaving Wednesday. Yes, we have school but mom called and said we have to see our dad for a few weeks or else we get brought to court again. So they gave us all of our assignments early.
I already finished half of mine and Caitlin was nearly finished. Really, all we did in school was take notes.

I was doing my math.
x=8(4-3)25
Okay, so 4-3=1. 8•1=8 and 8•25=200.
So X=200. Right? Oh who cares, I was never good at math anyways.
Caitlin was good at science and math, I was good at Language and History. So we usually traded. I did all the language and history and she did all the math and science.
We couldn't this time though. Our teachers started to notice the difference in our hand writings.
Plus, Caitlin's only 14 so some of the stuff she hasn't quite learned yet.

"Girls! Start packing so we can go to the hotel tomorrow!" Mom shouted.
I started to back my Paris shirts and shorts. I then threw in some random pajamas and all my hair products. I was gonna pack my makeup tomorrow.
I zipped up my suitcase and put it by my door. I was about to go hangout with Aria, mom ungrounded me early.

*Aria's House*

"Oh my gosh PARIS!?" Aria shouted after I told her the news.
"Yes Aria, but it's only because she wants to get our minds off of dad leaving. She feels like we're surrounded by him." I said. Talking about my dad made anger build up inside of me. I couldn't stand him.
**Flashback**
"I can't stand you Anne! You're a bitch!" Dad shouted.
"Watch your tone of voice! Caitlin is only 12! And Larissa's only 14! They don't need to be hearing this!" Mom yelled back.
I was in my room with Caitlin, daddy had come home drunk and was screaming.
"SHUTUP! You filthy slut! I want them to hear what a whore you really are!" My dad yelled while breaking something.
We could hear the clash and then him stomping upstairs.
"Girls, where are you?" Dad said creeping towards my room. Before we new it, he had already grabbed us, and took us downstairs and sat us on the couch. Then he started to scream and hit our mom. Punch after punch. He broke her, he broke her heart.
*End of flashback*
"Do you miss him?" Aria asked.
"No. He was a drunk, abused our mom and basically left us alone in fear." I said.
"Yeah, well atleast you weren't close to him, like I was my mom." Aria said as tears formed in her eyes. No one new what happened. They just normally keep quiet about her.
I hugged Aria and debating on asking,
"What happened to her anyways?" I asked.
Aria just looked at me, almost terrified to tell. She knew she needed to tell somebody though, so she took a deep breath, "She, she killed herself when I was 8. Her letter said that she was 4 weeks pregnant, but had lost the baby. She couldn't bare to let us know, and every thing made her break so she killed herself." Aria said crying harder then ever now.
I hugged her tightly and for the rest of my visit, we stayed quiet.