Betrayal

Where had it gone all wrong? It was supposed to be a simple mission. It was never supposed to turn out like this! Giyuu was frantic. He held on to whatever was left.

Why would this happen now? Again? Especially when things were getting better. He loved and cared for someone who deceived him.

Kanroji held him, trying to support him. But was there anything she could do that would actually help?

- -

"So what does the mission revolve?" Giyuu asked, his crow, Kanzaburou. Got lost, yet again. He failed to report to Giyuu and lost the information of the current mission. Of course, Kanroji and Maki's crows told them enough to inform their comrade.

"Well, with all the information gathered, the best assumption would be a cult. We just aren't sure how much are in it and what's it purpose." Maki said, "well besides eating humans I guess."

"She's right! It's so odd that these humans don't fear their demon leader!" Kanroji chimed in. Giyuu nodded. Indeed it was quite odd.

You never usually get missions like these, but when you do they can end up pretty disturbing. The trio continued to walk. "Yu, if the cult members are humans but attack us, what do we do?" Maki questioned.

"Normally you'd just knock them out. But seeing how it's a cult we're gonna need to tie them up just so they don't get in the way." He responded, "let's focus now, we still have a couple of miles left."

"Yu, you don't gotta be so serious! Why can't you just smile and be happy like this one?" Maki sighed while pointing at Kanroji.

"Tomioka she's right! Maybe you should smile more and have a lesser mean face!" Kanroji giggled, Giyuu sighed. He was glad this was their last mission.

"This is our last mission. We mustn't mess up. Anyways we're here." Giyuu blurred out, "where is everyone?" Maki said as they continued to wander.

"It's a ghost town." Kanroji said as she peered through windows. "It's pretty far from the nearest big city. Did the demons run out of victims?" Maki noted.

"Maybe recently. This is fresh blood." Giyuu kneeled to the ground, looking at a trail of fresh blood. "It couldn't have been that long. It's pretty shaded here so it's possible the demon lurked around."

"Should we check if anyone's alive?" Kanroji said, curious about their next move. A place like this is never any good.

"I doubt there is anyone." Maki said as she turned her head in every direction. "There could be hidden rooms. I hid in an underground room with a trapdoor." Giyuu mumbled.

"Right. That is true, Should we all seperate?" Maki asked, "We should but we need to be in a close enough range just in case. This place is creeping me out and I have a bad feeling." Kanroji said as everyone walked into a house.

Giyuu lurked around, he looked around bookshelves, he checked if the walls were hollow, etc. There wasn't anything in this house and he walked out, he noticed the two girls in the same house, assuming they were talking.

He made his way, but his senses came to him. Once he reached behind them he grabbed them closely. "Don't be startled, but someone is watching us."

Kanroji and Maki froze, but kept on listening. "It came out of nowhere, there might be more. Get ready for anything be on your guard."

They nodded and followed behind him. As expected, there was a still noise behind them. "I know you know." The person cackled.

They all turned around and it was a human. Giyuu and Kanroji began to walk towards it but Maki was frozen. She felt as if time stopped or if this moment was taking longer than it should've.