Chapter 11

Little Emerald woke up and stretched her little arms.

She looked at the four walls around her and remembered what the men told her the previous day.

'This is your room from now on. Be good or you'll be punished'

It wasn't really a room, more like a storage room?

It was small, really small.

There was no bed, no windows, just shelves with boxes and some old junk.

She made herself a nice cardboard blanket for the cold but her body was stiff.

A loud bang startled the poor girl. The door was open with Nick standing in it with a wicked grin on his face.

"Ah she's awake"

The other man came in as well.

"So brat, since you fell asleep yesterday we couldn't explain our little rules for you", Nick smirked.

"Which is what we're going to do now", the other man said, "First, no misbehaving. If you do, Nick does the punishments"

She gulped at that.

"You will sleep here chained up until we come to get you"

"When we eat, you'll get the scraps and if there's nothing left well then, tough luck kid" Nick laughed at her.

"For now that will be all, can't expect you to learn everything at once. Tomorrow we'll add another two rules"

"Don't you think you're being a bit soft on her Adrian?" Nick teased him.

"She's still a child but she'll adapt, now let's go and lock the door behind you"

Adrian left while Nick followed.

"Oh I almost forgot. Your previous owners, what were their names Damien and Jonathan right? They already forgot about you so enjoy your time here because you'll only leave this place", He gave her an evil smile, "Once you're dead"