Chapter 24

"Punish you?", A low, menacing voice rumbled, "What kind of punishment do you think you deserve?" Johnathan asked, his tone dripping with menace. Emerald felt a shiver run down her spine, fear gripping her tightly.

"M-My spankings and b-beatings", she stuttered out while keeping her eyes on the floor.

"Is that so?" Jonathan glared at Adrian, This is what you wanted her to become right? A scared and obedient pet!?"

Damien sprang in front of Johnathan, blocking his path to Adrian.

"Nathan," he hissed, his voice low and urgent, "if you don’t cut this out, Em will pull away from you and find solace in that scumbag over there," he gestured sharply toward Adrian, "So knock it off now, or these last three years would have been for nothing nothing." His tone was a dangerous growl.

Johnathan inhaled deeply, releasing a heavy sigh. He recognized the truth in Damien's words, yet the thought of sparing that bastard felt utterly unjust.       

"Alright. I need some fresh air," he declared, turning away, casting one final, seething look at Adrian, who was visibly trembling, as if questioning how he had managed to survive this long.

"Em," Damien called to his little girl, who immediately lifted her gaze to him. "Stand up. No one will punish you. He won't lay a finger on you. Now come, let’s go enjoy a movie while we wait for Johnathan."

Emerald stole a glance at Adrian, who offered a faint smile, silently urging her to leave so he could exhale without the threat of violence looming over him.

With that, she followed Damien, who felt a surge of relief and joy.