Chapter 8

After Jonathan made sure she ate and did her hair, he knew that she'll be more sad once she realizes what's going to happen.

A small tug at the bottom of his shirt woke him from his thoughts as he looked down at the little girl with swollen eyes, "Need anything Em?"

She shook her little head, "Then what's wrong?"

"Is Mr Damien mad at me?" she asked him softly. Jonathan sadly smiled at her, "No Em, his just... mad at someone else okay?"

Not completely believing him, she nods.

Jonathan led her to Damien and two unfamiliar faces, men.

Damien's face was dark, his jaw clenched and his fists tightened. The little girl wondered if it were these men who made him mad.

"Ah, is this the little girl I've paid so much for?" one of the men said in a way that made the girl very uncomfortable.

"Yes, this is Emerald. She's 8", Jonathan explained.

"And she's obedient?" the other man asked.

"Very", Damien answered deeply.

"Hmm", the man walked around her in a circle, touching her hair, checking her arms and legs, "She'll do", was all he said before he grabbed her arm and dragged her to the door.

She struggled in his hold, "No! I stay here", she tried to pull her arm back but as a 8 year old girl, she barely had that much strength to overpower these men.

"Just shut up and stop whining. We paid for you so you're ours now!", the other man yelled at her.

"P-Paid?"

"Yes, these two", they pointed at Jonathan and Damien who looked everywhere but her eyes, "sold you to us. You'll be living with us from now on"

"W-What? No... Mr Damien!", he looked into her teary eyes, "I'm sorry for making you mad, I'll do b-better. Please don't give me away! I want to say with you", the men dragged her out, "Mr Jonathan please don't let them take me!", she pleaded.

One of the slapped her, "Shut the hell up!"

Damien took a step forward but Jonathan stretched his arm out in front of him, blocking him from taking another step and just shook his head.

The two watched as the girl was shoved into a car while begging them to help her.

Jonathan could see how badly Damien wanted to get her back and to hurt those men for touching her but this was their job.

And she was just another person they sold.

And the first one they got attached to.