Chapter 21

Little Emerald opened her eyes to be met with a white ceiling. She slowly sat up since her little body was still in pain from her beatings.

She glanced around the unfamiliar room and saw several plushies on a shelf and a small bookshelf in the corner. The walls were painted white and blue.

She liked this room and wondered who's it was.

Her little feet left the bed to touch the floor. She opened the door slightly and listened. Hushed voices, coming from downstairs. Slowly, she descended down the stairs.

"Hmm, looks like someone finally woke up" came a very familiar voice next to her.

"About damn time too" another familiar voice.

Her body was frozen. She didn't want to see who the voices belonged to because she could be dreaming like last night. She dreamt that Mr Damien saved her from the fire.

"Not even going look at us now Em?" the soft voice teased.

'Em...'

Only those two would call her that.
She turned to look at them.

Bright smiles were on their faces, their eyes sparkling.

"Morning Em, sleep well?" Jonathan asked.

"Mr Jonathan" she weakly said as the tears fell down her chubby cheeks. She saw the man standing next to him, "Mr Damien"

He smiled at her, "You're just going to stand there? What happened to all those hugs I use to get huh?"

Her heart raced as her feet brought her to him. Damien lifted her up into his arms as she cried into his neck.

"You're here. You're r-really here!" she wailed.

"Of course we are" Jonathan took the girl from Damien, "How could we leave this cute face huh?" he pecked her forehead making her smile.

"Hey, there's that smile" Damien poked her cheek.

"Em, I promise that no one will ever touch you again", Jonathan said as he held the girl in his arms.

"I'll break their arms if they do" Damien growled, "You're ours"

"Our little girl"