Chapter 23

There's lots of noise.

Emerald wondered if Master Adrian is up and Mr Damien is arguing with him.

He didn't want him here in the first place so he could he shouting at Master now.

Emerald was worried they'd hurt each other so she went to see if she could help Mr Jonathan stop them.

After all, he is the nice one, the calm one. Emerald never saw him shout or yell at someone even if it was playfully, so se was determined to help him stop Mr Damien from attacking her Master.

As the little girl got closer to the noise, she froze at what she saw.

Mr Jonathan struggling to get out of Mr Damien's grip while shouting at Master Adrian.

No one noticed her while Damien dragged Jonathan to his room.

Her little eyes filled with tears as she cried quietly.

'It's my fault'

'Mr Adrian is upset because Master is here and Master is here because I wanted him to be here'

'This is all my fault'

'I made Mr Jonathan angry when they finally saved me'

'I need to be punished'

Little Emerald ran into the room Adrian was in and kneeled at the bottom of the bed.

"Master, please p-punish me!" she cried out in tears.

Adrian's eyes widened at the sight in clear shock.

Why should he punish her?
Why would she kneel before him when she clearly did not have to?

"Why?" was all he could ask.

"It's my f-fault Mr Jonathan is angry. It's my fault he yelled at you Master. He and Mr Damien wanted Master to stay in the fire but I didn't want that. I need to b-be punished for disobeying Master Nick. If I listened more then he wouldn't have punished me and then Master Adrian wouldn't have been in this mess. Please punish me! " she pleaded through her tears. Her eyes already puffy and cheeks bright red.

Adrian was lost for words.

What could he say?

He wanted to comfort her but they'll kill him if he touched her.

He wanted to say some words of advice and explain to her that it's not her fault but they'll kill him if his words make her cry even more.

And if he says nothing, they'll kill him thinking he made her cry.

So either way, he'll die.

Adrian was mentally screaming. While Damien stood behind the wall and heard how his girl was breaking apart.