Pendulum

The police and special agents held a meeting. They seemed confused by what had happened recently. Everything was out of the ordinary. Vampires? They were real?

"This is bad, like a warm-up for doomsday." Said Haru, as the supreme leader.

"The civilian population is being used as cattle. How horrible." Added one member.

"This cannot be allowed. We must fight back!"

"But sir, we don't know what kind of creatures they are. Don't you remember when we faced them a few days ago? We ran out of ammunition but they were still standing there laughing. We need to research them more deeply before acting." Haru sat down weakly. It was true what his members said.

RING

Haru was stunned when his phone rang loudly. Immediately he accepted the call. While communicating with that person, Haru seemed increasingly confused. He looked at the whole room as they also looked at him full of questions. After finishing, he asked permission to leave.

"Hyun-ah!" He called rather loudly.

The person turned his head. It was Kang Taehyun.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"I know them better, we can work together with Jung. But, before that, you also have to know who you're conspiring with. Therefore, come with me. Bring Han and Bora."

The man with the thin moustache stared at his partner for a moment.

"You're my best friend, I trust you. Alright, I'll be there in 15 minutes. Just send me the location."

***

Yeonjun followed his parents silently. A large warehouse in the middle of a vast cornfield. Donghyuk walked side by side with his wife. This was his second observation. Smiling with satisfaction, the two of them embraced warmly like they were celebrating. But, for some reason, Luna was a bit glum afterward. Something was bothering her.

"What's wrong, baby?" Donghyuk asked.

"I... I'm afraid that Yeonjun might get hurt." She replied sadly. Donghyuk was instantly annoyed. He roughly yanked his wife's arm.

"Can you not bring that kid up for a minute?! I'm sick of it, Luna!"

"Besides, why are you worrying about something that doesn't matter!" The woman gasped in shock.

"Donghyuk!" Luna shrieked in disbelief.

"Look, he's just an adopted child you're raising. If it wasn't for you begging me to adopt him, I wouldn't have," he scolded fiercely.

"Damn it, you managed to ruin my mood." The man left Luna sobbing. The red-haired woman turned around and stepped outside to release her pent-up feelings.

"Mother..." Luna froze. Her head slowly turned.

"My child, what are you doing here? How did you--"

"Is it all true?" Yeonjun interrupted.

"Did you hear it?" Yeonjun nodded. Luna gave up.

"Forgive me dear, but believe me, son, even though we're not directly bonded, I still love you. You are Choi Yeonjun, my whole world." She said with tears in her eyes.

Yeonjun held the woman tightly in his arms.

"You know Mum, I really wanted to kill you. Because I thought you were just as wicked as father. But..." he loosened his embrace.

"I can give you a second chance, as long as you're willing to help me..." Luna gave the young man a puzzled look.

Then, her attention turned to the figure that suddenly appeared. His eyes were perfectly rounded. His scent instantly put Luna on alert.