CHAPTER 4

The next day, you and I met again after school. It became a daily routine for us from now on. And with every day, we got more and more closer. We shared stories with each other. We told each other's life problems and discussed about ways to handle it together. We even shared some secrets with each other. Now, you really are back. You really are the real you. No more acting, no more faking or hiding your true self. I also now know all of your problems. We always talked it out and have emotional breakdowns through this small meet up after school. It might look like a typical meet up to anyone else, but they don't know, nobody does. This small meet up at the school library every day has bring us more and more close to each other. The chemistry between us grows more and more with every meet up. Sometimes, I feel like I can feel a spark in me, a spark of hope that we can be together.

          But for now, I brushed it off. We're still just friends at the moment. Neither of us actually confirmed what our relationship was. But, it's definitely not something more than friends, at least for now. It was summer vacation and students were happy that now it's time for a school break. No homework, no exams, no stress. Just a relaxing moment even if it's temporary. For most students it might be fun, which technically, I mean, it is. At first that is. But it can get boring pretty quickly. Especially when you're used to seeing your crush every day after school at the library. Now this summer vacation is just killing me inside, I want to see you so bad. I was just rolling on my bed, of course with my cats when I suddenly got a text massage. It was from you. I let out a quiet scream in my pillow and accidently threw my phone gently at one of my cats. It buzzed again. Two messages from you.

          I slowly took my phone again and read the messages. Apparently, you want to meet up with me this Saturday at the mall. Wait- what? The mall? I mean, I don't mind so, okay. I looked at the calendar, today is Thursday. So, the day after tomorrow? Yeah, I should be free. During replying, I tried my best to contain my excitement to see you. I told you that I'm free around 10 am and you replied back by saying that, 10 am sounded perfect. I giggled all by myself. Man, I sure like to fangirl alone. If anyone saw they would've mistaken me as crazy. Speaking of which, maybe i should tell Ashley about you... nah! She's probably not going to believe it. As I thought of Ashley, suddenly I heard her voice from afar. "Sis!!! Let's play board games!! I'm bored!" Ashley said as she arrives at my room. 'Speak of the devil' I thought to myself.

          "Umm, yeah sure! what board game?" I asked, trying to calm my nerves down and focus on Ashley in front of me instead of remembering our messages just now. "Monopoly" Ashley replied with a stoic expression. "No! You know I'm bad at monopoly. You're just going to keep winning. How about another game?" I tried to persuade Ash. "Well, how about snakes and ladders?" Ashley suggested. "Yeah that's better" I said and jumped off bed with a smile. "My, my, we have a very in the good mood Rachel here today. What's the oh so good news?" Ash asked in a pretty teasing tone. "Oh! Nothing! You're overthinking it", I lied, trying to hide our sort of confusing relationship from Ash. "Lies!" Ash said while pointing her index finger at me in an accusing manner. "Whatever, up to you if you want to believe me or not. By the way, when are you going to go out and play netball with your friends again?" I asked, trying to change the topic. "Oh! That would be tomorrow evening around 4 pm I guess. Want to come and watch me play?" Ashley asked me with a pretty hopeful tone in her voice. "Yeah sure, no problem" I replied.

          As I remember the fact that I'm going to meet you this Saturday, I smiled. Friday, nothing much happened. Just watched Ash play some netball with her friends. Her team won, like always. I always knew Ashley was good at sports. She also had a lot of friends and joins a lot of school competitions, basically the opposite of me. Ashley smirked as her group won and chanted together. I smiled. Her group of friends are great people, I know. They were always there for her when I wasn't. I mean, we do study at different school. The reason? Well it's because Ashley wanted to study in a pure science class while simultaneously wanting to focus on a lot of sports activities. My school does have a pure science class but my school definitely didn't focus much on sports.