Chapter One

"I'll be back before midnight. I promise," I said. I hug my mom and drive to the cafè, where I was meeting Jess.
She was waiting outside for me as I pulled up. I followed her inside and looked around. The usually quiet hangout, was now like a club. Not the good one either. I sat on a bar stool and ordered a water.
"Let up, Kali," Jess said to me.
I smiled and Jess's boyfriend came up and pulled her to him and they began dancing. I fiddled with my blue lupus ring.
Someone sat beside me and I looked up. He had short, brown hair and green eyes. He ordered water and smiled at me.
"Hi," He said. His voice sounded a little like mine.
"Hey." He even looked like me.
"You go to a party, but don't have fun," He said.
"That's me," I said, smiling.
"I'm Stefan. Stefan Salvatore."
"Kali Jones," I shook his hand and noticed he was wearing a ring. Just like mine. Mine was custom made.
I looked into his eyes and he nodded towards the door and I followed him outside.
"Who are you," I asked him.
"Kali, I shouldn't have kept this from you for seventeen years. I'm your biological father."
I looked up at him, tears stinging my eyes. "No. My father is Johnathan Jones. Not Stefan Salvatore."
Stefan sighed. "I understand why you don't believe me. Maybe this was just a mistake."
Stefan began walking away and I stopped him.
"How do you have the sane ring as me?"
Stefan stopped and looked at me. "They were custom made. The one you're wearing was your mother's. She...died."
I wiped away the now falling tears and ran a hand through my hair.
"How? How did she die?"
"When you were born, she... just passed away."
"What was her name," I asked.
"Elena Gilbert." That name his a crack, because suddenly I began to sob. Stefan held me and I cried on his shoulder. When I was done, I pulled back.
"I believe you, Stefan." He smiled and hugged me.
"I've already notified your parents. They said you can come by and pick up your clothes."
I told Jess everything and she let me go. Probably because she was drunk.
I told Stefan to follow me and we drove to my house. My clothes were already packed and I told my parents goodbye. It was hard. It hurt.
"Just let me drive you and tomorrow I will come and get your car."
I agreed with Stefan and climbed into his red Porsche. "Nice car," I said.
He laughed and we left New York. I had no idea where we were going. I was too tired to ask. After an hour of riding, I fell asleep.
I dreamt of my new life awaiting me. In my dream, I saw a sign that said,"Welcome to Mystic Falls."
Who knew I'd be right? It was super freaky when I woke up entering a town with that exact sign.