Chapter Five

I actually got a good night's rest. I woke up fully rested and I felt great. I headed down to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat at the table and ate. Mom stepped in and smiled at me.
"Sleep good," She asked me, pouring herself a bowl of cereal.
"Yep. You?" She sat across from me and smiled.
"Yep." We laughed and finished our breakfast. Stefan came in and hugged us. I wiggled away and laughed. Damon wasn't here.
"Hey," Elijah said, stepping in.
"Ever heard of knocking, Mikealson," Stefan joked.
Elijah pulled me into a hug and I blushed, see how my parents were there. Elijah laughed.
"I was thinking I would take you to Mystic Grill this afternoon," Elijah said as we sat outside.
"I'd love to," I told him. I leaned onto his shoulder and relaxed for the time being.
"Its going to be alright," Elijah said.
Just then, a car pulled out and a blonde headed girl stepped out. She smiled at Elijah.
"Hey, Elijah. How are you," She asked him.
"I've been better, sister. Kali, this is Rebecca. My sister. Rebecca, Kali."
"Hi," I said. Rebecca smiled at me and greeted me. She walked into the house and I looked at Elijah.
"She looks a lot like Klaus," I said.
"They look more like our mother, Esther. I look more like my father."
I smiled at him and stood to walk into the house. Elijah followed me in.
"So you have Klaus," Rebecca was asking Dad.
"Yes. He's in the cellar downstairs. Surrounded by Vervain."
I sat on an empty couch and Elijah sat beside me. I wanted to ask something.
"Why is everyone after us?" I asked. Everyone turned to look at me.
"Because you and your mother hold the most powerful thing to vampires: The Cure for vampirism. It runs through your veins," Rebecca answered.
I gasped and tried to calm my racing heart. Elijah placed his hand on my knee and it helped to calm me down.
"Oh," was all I could manage to get out.
Rebecca gave me a sad smile and returned to asking Dad questions. "They're here to kill us," I whispered to Elijah.
"Yes," Elijah whispered back. I hid my face in his shirt as I felt tears appear in my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me.
"Kali, are you alright," Dad asked me. I looked at him.
"A millon supernatural beings are after me because of something I didn't do. No, I'm not alright."
Mom stood and ran to the bathroom. I suddenly felt terrible and I ran after her.
"I'm sorry. I love being me. With you and Dad. Its just a lot to take in at once. You of all people should know."
She opened the door and I hugged her. We walked back into the parlor and we sat back down.
"I'm sick of this, Rebecca. Do you know where Finn is," Elijah was asking his sister.
"He's in New Orleans," She replied.
"Another brother?" I asked him.
He nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. I squeezed his hand, a sign of comfort. He smiled down at me. Someone busted through the front door. Damon.
"Kol, Finn, and Klaus are on their way," Damon rushed out. Just then the three men came into the house.
"Hello, Rebecca. Elijah," Klaus said.
"Hey, gang. What are we-" The man looked at me then Elijah.
"Hey, Kali. Elijah," Kol said to us.
"Hi, Jackass," I greeted him. He laughed and sat down beside Elijah. The other one must've been Finn. He was quite quiet. He looked at me and smiled.
"Hi, Finn. Right," I greeted him.
"Yep. Hello, Elijah," Finn said.
We discussed a deal. None of the brothers hurt Mom and I and protect us and we protect them. We all agreed.
"We must be going. We're renting a house. Drop by," Klaus said.
Rebecca, Finn, Kol, and Klaus left and I relaxed.
I checked the time on my phone. It was already 10:36 PM. I decided to shower and dress in my pajamas. Elijah kissed me goodbye and left. I told Damon and my parents goodnight and walked to my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and climbed into bed. I was afraid of having dreams again. I stared at the ceiling and then rolled over onto my side. Soon, sleep took over me and I fell into a dreamless sleep. It was bliss. No nightmares or strange dreams.