Chapter Two

"We're here," Stefan said as we pulled into the driveway of a large, brown, brick house.
We got out of his car and he carried my bag into the house. When we stepped in, I saw a large party of people.
"Welcome!" They exclaimed. I smiled and waved.
Stefan carried my suitcase to a room down the hall and I looked around the room. I locked eyes with a boy. He had dark brown eyes and brown hair. He smiled at me and looked away. Stefan came back in and put his arms around my shoulders.
He introduced me to everyone. The boy's name was Elijah Mikealson. After everyone was introduced, the blonde, I now know as Caroline Forbes, came up and hugged me.
"Your mother and I were best friends. Our best friend, Bonnie Bennett, died a month ago. We're having the funeral in three days if you want to go."
She pulled back and looked up at Stefan and smiled. She stood by his side and he relaxed. I smiled, knowing he had a crush.
After everyone left, Caroline and Elijah stayed.
"We're staying here to protect you," Caroline explained.
"Kali." I turned when I heard my name. A man stood in front of me. He had black hair and green eyes.
"I'm your uncle. Just call me Damon please."
I smiled and hugged him. Elijah came in, holding a rectangular box.
Damon excused himself and Elijah approached me.
"Hello, Kali. I'm Elijah Mikealson. I just wanted to give you this as a welcoming gift."
He smiled a cute, crooked grin. He handed me the box and watched as I opened the box. I gasped. It was a beautiful necklace with a diamond rose as its charm.
He took it out the box and placed it on me. His hand brushed against my neck and I shivered.
"Thank you, Elijah. Its beautiful," I thanked him.